DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Vibration in 4x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=130518)

Ramsportslt2011 01-11-2013 03:44 PM

Vibration in 4x4

So I have a problem. My 2011 dodge ram 4x4, in auto 4x4 and 4x4 lock, it vibrates really bad when taking off from a stop sign on dry pavement. Now I have a leveling kit in just 2.5" in front and 1.75" in the rear. I brought it into the dealer and they instantly said it was the leveling kit because of the pitch it put on the cv shaft. But I disagree because it did before had the kit installed. Any info will help. Thanks

Otterdriver 01-11-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsportslt2011 (Post 981355)
So I have a problem. My 2011 dodge ram 4x4, in auto 4x4 and 4x4 lock, it vibrates really bad when taking off from a stop sign on dry pavement. Now I have a leveling kit in just 2.5" in front and 1.75" in the rear. I brought it into the dealer and they instantly said it was the leveling kit because of the pitch it put on the cv shaft. But I disagree because it did before had the kit installed. Any info will help. Thanks

That's unfortunate, but as others have stated in the past, a certain percentage of the 4th Gen Ram's have this issue "from factory" , which sounds like your in that percentile, even without a levelling kit, a certain percentage have no problems until they install the levelling kits and then the vibrations show up and then there are the certain percentile that are the lucky ones that dodge the bullet completely, having no issues even after they install either a levelling kit or lift. Total crap shoot. I would have at least done a levelling kit on mine if these symptoms didn't exist with these trucks. Sorry for your luck. :att:

Chickenhole 01-12-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsportslt2011 (Post 981355)

the level kit is definitely making it way worse. I had a 2.5 in my 2010 and it was horrible, never would do that again. I think evrey ram with a level 2.5 has this problem, people are just lying to themselves. All parts are the same lol

primo spaghetti 01-12-2013 06:16 PM

your problem IMO is that youre using 4 wheel drive on dry pavement...especially obvious to me since you claim to have noticed the vibration prior to your level kit install.

that is why youre having vibration...it is not meant to run in 4 wheel on dry pavement.