DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   All my brake warning lights are on (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=130974)

Basscatfrank 01-16-2013 10:15 AM

All my brake warning lights are on

All the pretty lights on the dash - the brake light, the ABS light, the traction control light, and the ESP/BAS light are lit. I'm guessing it could be a wheel sensor but I'm not sure. Anyone else go through this?

Chunkem 01-16-2013 03:16 PM

Let us know how you make out and please keep us updated.

mastertech10 01-18-2013 12:35 AM

yeah you definately have a failure in the abs system. possble sensor issue, module or wiring. Will need to be scanned with a proper scanner thats capable of pulling codes from abs module

blue09 01-18-2013 10:52 AM

This happened to me with my 09 once. There is a sensor that controls everything abs and traction control related somewhere in the rear of the truck that failed while driving in really deep snow. I lost abs and traction control as you did. Took it to the dealer, they ordered the part under warranty and never had the problem again. I hope your truck is under warranty because from what I understand it's about 2500 for the part. Hope I helped.

Basscatfrank 01-23-2013 07:34 AM

Here is the update. I scanned it and came up with C2200. That means there was an internal failure in the ABS module. That led to a TBS, 09-041. That said that there were 125K '09 Dodge vehicles manufactured with a problem in the ABS module. They were to try to reset the code in the ABS to turn off the lights, if that didn't work the module had to be replaced. Of course, mine had to be replaced.

What gets me is that if Dodge knows that there was a problem with the ABS in 125K '09's, why did I have to drop $350 on a CPOV that I bought only eight months ago?

RamTech 01-23-2013 08:30 AM

Call Chrysler customer service and ask. I can't guarantee anything, but maybe they will cover part of the cost.

Basscatfrank 01-23-2013 10:49 AM

I tried. Nope. It's not the money, it's the principle. While the dealership was very accomodating and gave me a discount the rest of my dealings with corporate were frustrating. This will be my last Dodge.

ArmyofOne 01-30-2013 10:35 AM

^too many times I see this, sad to hear, but corporate needs to pull their heads out of their collective asses.

$350 for a corp like chrysler is nothing in the grand scheme, and in this case, I would think that they could have offered to cover half. Its just good business sense.

Basscatfrank 01-31-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne (Post 998603)
^too many times I see this, sad to hear, but corporate needs to pull their heads out of their collective asses.

$350 for a corp like chrysler is nothing in the grand scheme, and in this case, I would think that they could have offered to cover half. Its just good business sense.

Exactly! It was not the amount that disturbed me, because after all it wasn't that much. It was the principle. Had they made an offer to cover half of it, it would have kept me happy and would have kept me a customer. I still like my truck but whenever anyone asks me about it I'll be sure to tell them of my poor customer service experience.