DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   HemiFever is the MAN! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=131229)

hodgeee 01-19-2013 05:03 AM

HemiFever is the MAN!

2 Attachment(s)
I wish I would have seen his add for the t1000 with his tunes already installed, would have saved time and money. I was not to overly impressed with Diablos tunes. Plus after installing all the programs, pulling and copying files and downloads and several tunings, what a pain I could have saved myself with preinstalled tunes.

I Highly recommend, do not buy your tuner from anyone else, if you are looking for real performance. I have had vehicles custom tuned before, and his tune is one of the best overall improvements I have ever had. If you want a couple of mods and just a better drivability and gas mileage then Diablos stuff is fine, not bad at all.

I am talking by the way the truck drives now, everything I have wanted to be able to do in a tune, he has done it. I notice that the vehicle downshifts and takes off better at mid throttle applications, my truck now feels much like a custom tuned sports car. It holds the gears a little longer when you are romping around. At WOT the shifting is right on gear banging machine, real firm and fast. It downshifts with much less throttle application and takes off faster when you want more speed. I had to really mash the throttle to get it downshift before. When just putting around or driving to work, I barely touch the gas now. When getting on it just a little the truck just hauls ass. I swear I think he just completely got rid of the torque management. At low rpms, the truck is totally different, it feels soooo powerfull, like what I thought a 400hp truck should feel like.

I remember back in 88, my Mustang LX with a 5.0 and 5 speed, could smoke the tires at a whim, doing donuts in an empty parking lot was a breeze, kicking the tail out in corners with a little drift on track days was a blast. That was only 215hp and 300tq, but it would only pull 15 second 1/4s even with a bunch of bolt ons. I thought this truck was a slug with 390hp and 407tq and I could barely chirp the tires! Now it reminds me of how my first vette ran, and its almost as fast. Wait till I finish my engine mods. Now I know I might blow the tranny with all this weight and power, but I understand you gotta pay to play sometimes. This truck stock was running 14.5's in the 1/4, and 6.5 0 to 60s. I got some pics of some runs now with Hemifevers tune in it. Now with the Diablo tunes, after a couple of days of driving I ran some numbers and barely ran any faster, 0 to 60 in the low 6's.

This thing even with 3.55s, well look at the pics. First pic is my first run, peeling out like crazy, plus nice 1 to 2 chirp, the second pic is after I got used to modulating the throttle, my best run, but my average was about 5.75 second runs. Stock fastest was 6.48s, 6.5 to 6.6 average, and Diablo tune fastest was 6.28, average 6.3 to 6.4 with a nice chirp off the line.

I am gonna need some more rubber in the back, and now am totally rethinking about keeping the 3.55s and forgoing the 4.10 gear swap, especially after I get my torque converter. Keep in mind, this is Vegas, 2000' elevation average, what would this run in Cali? My vehicles always feel much faster when I am in California.

AceBlackHemI 01-19-2013 05:37 AM

Well that is really nice Sir, i have to add some mpg or kmperliters improvement i have experineced!!

I would not have believed it if i hadnt experienced it myself!

Before installing trinity and hemifever custom tune, i filled my truck with 161 liter LPG and drove it to work, same route everyday on cruise control @ 90 km an hour! In the weekend driving around town, groceries etc... All in all got 757 km.. It comes to 4.7 km per liter.

Now with trinity and hemifever tuning i drove same route during the week, but in the weekend i drove more then normal in town and had my foot down for some WOT runs for the sake of data logging ..

Today LPG pushed its last drop through the system and got me @851 km, this comes out 5.30 km per liter.

That is a serious improvement of 94 km.

I also believe i can get it to go 900 km per full tank, because of weather conditions the last couple of days (snow)
From what ive been told is that the engine uses 25% more LPG compared to gas.

Im very happy with this device and give my thanks to Sean@hemifever!!

06 BigHorn 01-19-2013 08:27 AM

Any chance you can share some of those tune settings?

BigHornGreg 01-19-2013 09:05 AM

So how does this work, does hemifever send you a "canned tune" made by him or does he actually customize something based on your individual truck?

Bully's Performance 01-19-2013 09:11 AM

HemiFever does do awsome work, i was gonna use him to tune our company truck, however we are now going a different direction with it, but still at the end of the day he has some awsome tunes.

Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

hodgeee 01-19-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHornGreg (Post 988537)
So how does this work, does hemifever send you a "canned tune" made by him or does he actually customize something based on your individual truck?

You have to send him some data from your programmer, so that he can give you the custom tune you are looged in with on your Trinity. You then load this custom tune in over the Diablo tune. He then has you data log some driving, then you send it to him, he then makes his adjustment, returns them to you, install over the last and your done.

hodgeee 01-19-2013 10:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I ran a couple 1/4 mile times, and again knocked off some good number, post pics.

So about .5 second gain average improvement over my best 0 t0 60 and 1/4 mile runs.

InDeepWaterBlue 01-20-2013 07:10 AM

awesome! I have one of his tunes and love it, best decision I made as I got the tuner from him as well. You can knock down those 0-60 times. I'll post the picture if you like but I have mine down to 5.9 with open diff 3.55's :D I've thought about a 4.10 upgrade as well but I think I'm just going to get a Limited Slip for the time being and run a smaller tire when I go to the track. Last time I went before I was tuned I ran a 14.9 so if this alone takes off half a second I'll be very happy.

Danzanzio 03-03-2013 06:35 PM

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll just post here.

I plan on buying the basic hemifever tune for my predator for $125 but I haven't finished all the mods I've wanted to do. (e.g. my exhaust isn't finished, in probably going to change up my intake, and there are some other things I'd like to do without needing the stage 1 tune)

So my question is, does purchasing the tune include free tune adjustments? Like after I finish my exhaust and do other performance mods

RTfission1 03-03-2013 09:06 PM

Thanks for the info. hodgeee I'm buying either a trinity or DCX intune today and your experience has def. forced me to follow through with buying one of these without backing out :LOL: