DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Air intake kit (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=131358)

kozzy 01-20-2013 12:07 PM

Air intake kit

Looking for advice on air intake kits. Are they worth it? I'm looking at the banks a air and the k and n performance air intake. Just need some more info on the realists and if it is worth it.

joelwalls 01-20-2013 12:25 PM

cai will wake up ur beast they breathe alot better than a stock intake it sounds really nice no noticeable gains unless its part of list of upgrades like throttle body exhaust headers programmer but all stuff ur gonna wanna do anyway this site is addicting and the insperation to keep moddin will never end so yes go get an intake and enjoy it

kozzy 01-20-2013 01:05 PM

I may add a turner eventually but I was going to start with the intake. I'm satisfied with the HP of the truck, I'm looking to improve my mpg a little bit. Currently I get between 14-15 hand calculated. But I only have 3500 miles on my truck too

Wandell 01-20-2013 09:24 PM

The OEM6.7 Cummins intake is really good. Just yank the silencer out of the intake tube and save your money for more worthwhile upgrades. If you want, you can also cut a couple holes in the airbox to flow a little more air.

Ram725 01-20-2013 09:27 PM

For the Cummins my personal favorite is AFE Stage 2 Pro Dry S. I also love S&B. I ran AFE on all my Cummins and most guys at the strip and tractor pull use AFE. IMO just always run Dry. JMO.

The 6.7 does have a better intake than the stock 5.9, but I have always thought that CAI's are almost necessary on Cummins... But this is JMO

kozzy 01-20-2013 10:36 PM

Never heard of AFE. They are good? I'm looking for a little increase in MPG. I was under the impressions the banks was good, got good reviews , and came recommended. I'd like to make sure I do enough research before I buy

Ram725 01-20-2013 10:42 PM

I never liked banks and neither did the other guys with Cummins that I ran with. Personally I think AFE Stage 2 pro dry S is the best for the Cummins... Thats just my opinion.

kozzy 01-20-2013 10:48 PM

You notice any increas in MPG with it or loss? I'm also thinking about Erin a mini Maxx tuner

Ram725 01-20-2013 10:53 PM

Yes. I think I had an average of 2mpg. Which is real good for a CAI. But I also had a 5.9 so we aren't comparing apples to apples

kozzy 01-20-2013 11:01 PM

I'm on summit racing website now checking it out. Thanks for the tip. I found anther thread where the oil for the filter caused some dust to stick in the tube that connects o he turbo. That makes me nervous a little.