DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Center Console swap, can it be done (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=131505)

Pappagus 01-21-2013 08:47 PM

Center Console swap, can it be done

I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if I could take the center console from a late model ram and place it in my 04. I love the look of the console gear shift and extra storage space. If not I'll need in looking at making my own.
Attach pics of your if you've done one.

Thanks,

Gus

HemiLonestar 01-22-2013 08:41 PM

There is thread on here with a picture of 09+ seats and console in an 04.

dwanton 01-22-2013 08:47 PM

i ordered one from a 2011 for my 2010 and it should be here any day --

i could measure it for you , if you dont already know by then .

Pappagus 01-23-2013 08:50 PM

That would be great, thanks..

dwanton 01-23-2013 10:07 PM

my newly used console is in , i just have to pick it up and still need to order the extra wires and brackets i need . priced that all out today so , maybe a couple paychecks i can order the stuff i need.

the console in my 2010 measures about 15.5 inches from left to right and about 24 inches front to back . my console is a seat and an armrest console -- and i am switching to a shifter console .

hemifyd 01-26-2013 02:24 PM

Center Consol switch

I have a 2007 Ram 1500 Laramie and also want to switch to the new style shifter consol. Is there a specific site or do you order it through Dodge? Does anyone know how much it will cost for the switch? You would think you could just swap out the center consols but I'm not sure. I called my Dodge dealership and they were no help.

HemiLonestar 01-26-2013 04:00 PM

I have read that the seats are a bolt in, but the console and shifter may require some custom work. It has been made to work however. I've been considering it.

erekwells 01-29-2013 05:26 PM

Custom set up

After a few months of trying to get a buddy to sell me his center console, I decided to build one. Took up a good bit of my saturday but I was happy with it in the end. Building my own allowed me to have it set up just the way I needed it. I put a lock-able section inside for my pistol and another section in just for paperwork. I used the leather wrapped lid off my old flip up seat and made the rest out of wood. Only thing left is to mount switches inside for cut outs and an outlet to charge cell phone/GPS.
Ill add pictures if it works from here..Im at work.

dwanton 02-03-2013 10:26 AM

the switch is looks to be pretty straight forward. remove front seats , colunm covers , colunm shifter , old radio bezel , route some cables and wires , add a couple brackets to mount center console and away you go .

sounds good , right -- LOLOLOL -- I sure hope it is that easy.

things needed :
console with shifter
radio bezel that goes with a console shift
floor brackets
shifter cable
harnesess
sterring colunm covers when shifter is removed

you can find used center consoles at any local junk yard from $450 to $1000 . some yards are crazy for what they are selling these things for , so shop around. they sell fast from what ive been told .

when I install mine I will be able to say exactically what is involved and needed . and I will take lots of pictures for everyone during install -- and do a how to on this since it seems to be getting popular.

i will also post all part numbers and list pricing on the extra parts needed for install , because the other thread on this forum the part numbers have been updated.

if you know you local junk yards just call and have them do a search and call you back -- they will find you what you need , even if they put you an a list til one is found.

I can help anyone find a center console , just PM me , I will just need you interior color that you want the console to be and your zip code and we can go from there .

hemifyd 02-18-2013 09:40 PM

dwanton.... It won't let me send you a PM (I don't have enough posts yet????) but anyways, I have a 2007 Ram 1500 Laramie with grey leather interior. would like to sitch to the new center console shifter. Would like it to bo grey and black in color. My postal zip code is 59840. Please let me know what you find out!
Thanks, Jeff