DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Order tracking? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=131601)

crabjoe 01-23-2013 01:04 AM

Order tracking?

I ordered a truck last Saturday... maybe I should say re-ordered because I had to have my original ordered cancelled. Well I now have a few questions.

1. From the time an order is placed and VON generated, how long does it take for it to appear in the RAM VOTS site? When I try to check, I just get an error msg telling me either my name or tracking number is bad. I tried calling the number listed and Ram customer service was no help... They said they couldn't find the order......

2. From the time of order, when should I be getting an email from Ram with a order status update?

3. If an order goes into BE - Edit Error, what does it mean? Could this happen if an option has been delayed, the order has an option that's not available or both?

I've probably got more questions, but getting these will help easy my mind for now...

Thanks All!

GTyankee 01-23-2013 01:29 AM

once they send the email, telling that the your Ram has been given a VON ( vehicle order number )
that only means the paperwork has been started

Then they send you an email giving you a VIN ( vehicle identification number )

you should be able to track your vehicle with just the VON
but you won't see any movement for a couple weeks

It takes most of two 8 hour work shifts to actually build it
then if you ordered things like bed rails, spray in liner, nerf bars, tonneau cover, it gets sent to one of 3 contractors to add those. Shipping time usually takes a couple weeks too. If it crosses any US Border, count on more time

crabjoe 01-23-2013 12:19 PM

Ok.. I understand that, but when does my order appear in Ram's VOTS system, so I can track it online?

https://www.ramtrucks.com/vots/

When ever I try, I get an error saying the Last Name or Tracking Number is incorrect.

Thanks!

nash87 01-27-2013 12:58 PM

I ordered mine on the 9th of January and have already received two notifications... one confirming the order and the second saying the build has been scheduled.

crabjoe 01-29-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nash87 (Post 995883)
I ordered mine on the 9th of January and have already received two notifications... one confirming the order and the second saying the build has been scheduled.

I wonder if that's because your order was a 1500... Can you tell me what happens when you try VOTS? Can you even get in?

outerub 01-29-2013 06:51 PM

Does VOTS work for Canadian orders ?

crabjoe 01-31-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outerub (Post 998040)
Does VOTS work for Canadian orders ?

No idea, but I did find out, it won't work until you get the 1st email confirming your order. If you have that email, try it and let us know if it works.

outerub 02-01-2013 06:57 AM

I'm giving it the full court press. I sent them an on-line e-mail but had to put in a fake State and Zip code to make it work. I gave them all of my correct information so I expect that they'll contact me, if for no other reason, but to tell me Canadians are S.O.L.

I'll report back as soon as I hear ....

Thanks.

OUB. :smileup:

outerub 02-01-2013 09:28 PM

What does RAM have against Canadians !?!?!?! (JK .... ;))

Here's their response .....

Thank you for your email.
Please be advised, as your vehicle was ordered through the Canadian
retail market you will not be able to utilize our Vehicle Order Tracking
System (VOTS), for the production progress of your new vehicle. At this
time, the Canadian retail market is not part of our Vehicle Order
Tracking System.
We would strongly recommend, for updates regarding the production
progress of your new vehicle, that you keep in contact with your selling
dealership or contact Chrysler Canada directly at the following:
Phone: 1-800-465-2001
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, from 8:00AM until 8:00PM EST
and Saturday 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM EST
You are always welcome to reply back to this email and we will respond
back to you as promptly as we can. If you prefer, you can also call us
directly with your questions at the Ram Product Information Center by
calling 1-800-964-0600.
Congratulations on the order of your new vehicle. Have a great
weekend.

Sincerely,
Ram Product Information Center

Chunkem 02-02-2013 03:27 PM

Thanks for providing the details of the email.... I purchased a 13 Longhorn and havent even got verification yet.....The order was placed and they indicate that the order was picked up however no email with any further info such as the VIN. I will call them on Monday with the info that you provided...Thanks again,,,,Ed