DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Louisville Boat Show (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=131719)

KYSEAN 01-24-2013 03:41 PM

Louisville Boat Show
 
Anyone going this weekend?

PaulMys 01-25-2013 09:08 PM

No, but I will be going to one here on Long Island in early Feb. Wonder what stupid-ass, non-mechanic friendly designs they will come up with this year? LOL. Was at a boat show years back (I am a marine mechanic) and was being shown a 31' searay in which the engines were barely visible, let alone accessible for winterizing etc. When I commented on this to the salesman, he flippantly said "That's your mechanics problem." Unbelievable.

Hardware 01-26-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMys (Post 994497)
No, but I will be going to one here on Long Island in early Feb. Wonder what stupid-ass, non-mechanic friendly designs they will come up with this year? LOL. Was at a boat show years back (I am a marine mechanic) and was being shown a 31' searay in which the engines were barely visible, let alone accessible for winterizing etc. When I commented on this to the salesman, he flippantly said "That's your mechanics problem." Unbelievable.

Ummm...it's the owner/operator's huge problem if there's any kind of issue while out on the water.

PaulMys 01-26-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardware (Post 994834)
Ummm...it's the owner/operator's huge problem if there's any kind of issue while out on the water.

Exactly. And then they get towed in. Then you have to bill them probably twice the hours to fix the damn thing. That is when the poor guy says " To hell with this, I'll just buy an RV" The boating industry is just slitting its own throat.

KYSEAN 01-28-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMys (Post 994497)
No, but I will be going to one here on Long Island in early Feb. Wonder what stupid-ass, non-mechanic friendly designs they will come up with this year? LOL. Was at a boat show years back (I am a marine mechanic) and was being shown a 31' searay in which the engines were barely visible, let alone accessible for winterizing etc. When I commented on this to the salesman, he flippantly said "That's your mechanics problem." Unbelievable.

Paul, you wouldn't happen to know where I can find a good price on an Enertia prop wouuld you? thanks, Sean

PaulMys 01-29-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYSEAN (Post 996455)
Paul, you wouldn't happen to know where I can find a good price on an Enertia prop wouuld you? thanks, Sean

Sean, give me a size and material (stainless or aluminum) and I will look it up and let you know.

KYSEAN 01-29-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMys (Post 998027)
Sean, give me a size and material (stainless or aluminum) and I will look it up and let you know.

Mercury Enertia 16P. The prop is stainless X7 Alloy. Thanks, Sean

PaulMys 01-29-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYSEAN (Post 998057)
Mercury Enertia 16P. The prop is stainless X7 Alloy. Thanks, Sean

Sean, Got it. Let me check the books at work tomorrow, Can I ask what prices you have seen, if any? If I find a lower price, I will PM you about it.

PaulMys 01-29-2013 10:38 PM

Sean, Forgot to ask the diameter! Need that plus pitch (you already said 16). Also, is it an outboard or an outdrive?

KYSEAN 01-29-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMys (Post 998269)
Sean, Forgot to ask the diameter! Need that plus pitch (you already said 16). Also, is it an outboard or an outdrive?

Outboard and the size I believe is 14.75. best price I've seen from a local or semi local marina is 459.00. thanks, Sean


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger