DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dodge Ram 2025 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=131744)

nomagent 01-24-2013 08:42 PM

Dodge Ram 2025

hi guys I am working on one of my marketing assignment to figure out Dodge Ram 2025 Target Market. Can you guys tell me a weakness and strenght for Dodge Ram

Thanks

Redhemi03 01-25-2013 03:43 PM

Transmission, but I'm sure that's been worked out a little since 2003!!:) lol

Hapas 01-25-2013 05:26 PM

I really would like to see a knocked down version of the Cummins Turbo Diesel in the 1500's.

hydrex 01-25-2013 07:52 PM

Whoa, 2025? If things keep going in the direction they are going, we'll all be riding donkeys or bicycles. Gas will probably be $100 a gallon. A Ram will set in the Smithsonian along with a mummified Republican and a picture of a NRA member. A Ram and a picture of a gun, yup.

Hedghawg71 01-28-2013 10:17 PM

How about not turning a HEMI into a Bitch motor with a computer limiting everything it is capable of doing like it is now. Ford and GM aren't scared and Dodge used to be the underdog back in the day that everyone loved and wanted. Basically, sell your military like encryption on the ECM's to the military and build real cars and trucks again. I'm about done with Dodge if this is all Dodge is gonna churn out.

And a 5-6 speed manual transmission WITH A REAL CLUTCH in your HEMI equipped RAM's wouldn't hurt either. Not that PS3 video game shifting automatics you make now.

Bully's Performance 01-28-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedghawg71 (Post 997251)
How about not turning a HEMI into a Bitch motor with a computer limiting everything it is capable of doing like it is now. Ford and GM aren't scared and Dodge used to be the underdog back in the day that everyone loved and wanted. Basically, sell your military like encryption on the ECM's to the military and build real cars and trucks again. I'm about done with Dodge if this is all Dodge is gonna churn out.

And a 5-6 speed manual transmission WITH A REAL CLUTCH in your HEMI equipped RAM's wouldn't hurt either. Not that PS3 video game shifting automatics you make now.

very good points I sure do miss my "real" manual transmissions :(

2011 ASSAULT 800 02-03-2013 02:21 PM

Drop the dodge, its just Ram now.

MTtruckr 02-04-2013 09:18 PM

( to get back on point and minimize the ranting)
2025 marketing goals for Ram: 35% Market share :). Outsell Chevy reducing GM's large portion of the market and continue to gain in the market on Ford.
Strength of Ram: HP/Torque production with decent fuel consumption
Areas to improve on for Ram: build quality

PaulMys 02-05-2013 08:54 PM

I think one of RAMs strength's is its aggressive good looks. To me, the Fords and especially the Chevy's are just god-awful looking. Keep that up, and make the improvements that your customers are asking for (see above, and rest of forum) and RAM should be just fine

JimsRamTruck2012 02-15-2013 12:12 PM

My biggest and only compliant is those damn Tire Presure Sensors. I can't take the truck on a long drive without those damn things going off. They need to either get rid of them which our fine goverment will not allow or they need to come up with a better sensor that only goes off if there is a problem.

Been to the dealer 2x and both times had them look at this and so far the pcm has left no codes and all my tires are just fine.

Sorry for the rant everybody.

Oh and I agree this generation Ram is one of the best looking trucks out there. Ford is making the F-150 look like something a soccer mom would drive and GM has the front end sitting so low you could scrape the ground. Also, Ford and the others way over price their trucks.