DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   2010 Ram Overhead Console Wiring (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=132094)

attaboy 01-28-2013 03:02 PM

2010 Ram Overhead Console Wiring

I'm looking to put in an overhead console on my 2010 Ram 1500. The truck didn't come from the factory with an overhead consol but I'm hoping that the wiring harness for an overhead console is there anyway. Does anyone know?
Thanks

APSTRAM 01-28-2013 05:01 PM

No, the headliners for ST trucks does not have the wiring harness that you need. If you are looking to buy a consloe from a salvage yard ask them to supply you with the mounting bracket and the wiring harness.

The plug for the harness is behind a access cover on the left side of your dash visible when you have the drivers door open.

attaboy 01-28-2013 05:34 PM

Darn. I was hoping....
I've already ordered the console cover via online but not the bracket piece as yet. I can get the shorter wiring harness from the local dealer for not much of a cost. Is there another harness to the dash connector?
I still haven't found a 2010 service manual so I don't know which pins on the dash connector to connect to. I may have to bypass the dash connector completly and wire directly into the door(s) feed to the dome light and then power the switchs for the lamps directly from 12v source (I'll fuse that line). Do you know where I can get the schematic information that I will need?
Thanks

dwanton 01-28-2013 06:54 PM

any pics of what the overhead console looks like ? thanks

attaboy 01-28-2013 11:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got these off an ebay site

APSTRAM 01-29-2013 05:06 PM

You need the mounting bracket but is is available for purchase from Mopar. The wiring harness is not too difficult for you to make. There have been other posts on the subject.

One option you have since you do have the homelink module is to hook up the wire for the lin bus communication if you have or are planning to add the EVIC screen. That wire is also found in the connector under the cover on the left side of the dash. The home link will work just fine if you decide not to hook up the wire you just won't see the display on the EVIC when you are programming.

Look for the 2010 Ram Body Builders Guide in the internet and look at the wiring diagrams for the 3500 chasis cab they have much of the same wiring in the interior and you will see the wiring for the overhead console there.

attaboy 01-30-2013 06:07 PM

overhead console wiring

Can anyone provide me with a photo of the C1 connector? I've looked under the dash, behind the access cover and I don't see that particular connector. What color is it? Where the devil is that little bugger?

APSTRAM 01-30-2013 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 33006

The green one under the side cover is for the power to the overhead light. C1 is the connector to the instrument cluster.

attaboy 01-30-2013 08:32 PM

Plug location

That's really odd. I don't have a side cover that is removable. Or at least it doesn't look like it is removable. How is it accessed?
attaboy

APSTRAM 02-02-2013 09:28 AM

The edge is almost not visible the way the parts come togeather but they do come apart. I use a very small screw driver to start the cover moving then I can just grab with my fingers and remove the cover.