DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Warranty Issues (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   I just got screwed-Warranty Forever Program (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=132261)

molina425 01-30-2013 11:42 AM

I just got screwed-Warranty Forever Program

I bought a brand new 2012 ram 1500 last year in march and got the warranty forever program with my new truck.from the information i was told at the dealership in when i bought it was that when i was going to get it serviced for example (oil changes) i was ok as long as i went to any dodge dealership or i had to call in and get pre-approval before going anywhere else.since ive owned the truck i have only ever gone to dodge dealerships for my oil changes so i wouldnt have to worry about calling in.well i finnally tried going elsewhere for an oil change 2 days ago so i called to get my pre-approval and was told that my warranty had been canceled.Apparently even though i went to dodge dealerships i still had to call for pre-approval for them also.only time i wouldnt have had to call in would have been if i went back to the selling dealer 3 hours away from where i live.so i was able to get all my receipts faxed to me from the dealerships i went to called the warranty forever people back and still wont reinstate my warranty.i followed all steps that i was told to follow but since i was told incorrectly about being able to go to any dealership without calling they wont help me at all.so now im SOL. Even though i followed everything except having called in (since i wasnt told i had to) they removed my warranty forever and am now screwed. anyone have any suggestions???

RamTech 01-30-2013 11:46 AM

Warranty Forever? This sounds like something this dealer is doing on their own without Chryslers backing. If this is the case, you'll be fighting them on your own unless you get an attorney involved. At least you still have the remaining Chrysler warranty in effect. This is why I recommend only buying a Chrysler extended warranty and never an aftermarket warranty.

molina425 01-30-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 998676)
Warranty Forever? This sounds like something this dealer is doing on their own without Chryslers backing. If this is the case, you'll be fighting them on your own unless you get an attorney involved. At least you still have the remaining Chrysler warranty in effect. This is why I recommend only buying a Chrysler extended warranty and never an aftermarket warranty.

I think a few dealerships out here are doing it. i bought my truck from Dodge City of Mckinney in Texas.Yea well after 2 days of fighting with them there is no winning, after all i signed a contract which somewhere in there states that i had to call in unless i went back to selling dealership only.Just feels horrible that i have been spending ALOT more by going to dealerships this whole time for oil changes like i was told was ok to do just to make sure i stayed within the contracts guidelines.the only thing i did not do was call in since i was told i didnt need to.now i only have the chrysler warranty which i have no idea what that is.can you maybe tell me info about it??

RamTech 01-30-2013 12:24 PM

I do indeed believe you got screwed.

The Chrysler basic warranty covers everything other than wear items (like brakes and tires) for a period of 3 years or 36000 miles. You also have other coverages for emissions, powertrain, perforation, and things along those lines. Ask your local dealer to fill you in on what your specific vehicle has.

06PowerWagon 01-30-2013 02:23 PM

I bought an After Market Warranty and they cover the factory Winch... and its like a $ 1800.00 Not including the labor... and ive replaced Ball Joints, Hub, Universal, new front bearings.. just to name a few... And they also paid for a 5 day Rental on two occasions So I have no issues with the After Market Warranty Companies... but you have to do your research on them and ask LOTS of questions...

RamTech 01-30-2013 02:42 PM

I see these companies laying the pipe to customers on a daily basis because they either won't cover a particular failed component, use the cheapest parts they can find or take someones coverage away as they did in this case. They frequently use junkyard components such as engines, transmissions, transfer cases and rear ends. Many of them won't pay for needed fluids when something is repaired or replaced ($5 a quart multiplied by 14 quarts of ATF+4 adds up). Several times I have put in a transmission or rear end only to discover the junkyard part they sent was just that - JUNK. The most recent customer wound up waiting over 2 weeks to get his truck back for just this reason. Replacing the needed parts under a Chrysler service contract would have taken 2-3 days max.

06PowerWagon 01-30-2013 05:17 PM

All the parts Ive had put on my truck are from Mopar.. the dealer shows me the documentions on the parts.. and the Warn 12,000lbs. Winch has to go thru Mopar... and all the work done to my truck is done At the Dealership... I keep the records of all the work done to the truck .. But Ramtech... I understand your statement there are companies out there that do screw over people... and you have to do your homework :D ...

RamTech 01-30-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06PowerWagon (Post 998896)
I understand your statement there are companies out there that do screw over people... and you have to do your homework :D ...

This simply can't be overstated.

06PowerWagon 01-30-2013 09:58 PM

Right well as for the regular poster .. Good luck Warranties can be rough...

BoLee 06-21-2013 07:21 PM

not a ripoff, the dealer didn't explain things

I got my Ram from a Kia dealer and they were pretty clear that service had to be through them or you had to call to get authorization every time. Sounds like the dealer didn't explain it properly.