DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2012 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Help Me Mod My Truck! **** +Questions (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=132295)

Dark Ram 01-30-2013 07:02 PM

Help Me Mod My Truck! **** +Questions

So I have a 2012 Ram Express (Single Cab HEMI). I have an ambitious 30 days planned for it. All I need is the parts.

I'm looking for:
  • Long Tube Headers
  • Intake (one that makes good power, nothing conservative)
  • Cams (do they make them yet? havent seen any)
  • "Posi" Unit
Questions:
  • What brands are recommended & who to buy from?
  • Is there any way to check what gear ratio I have? I'm trying to upgrade that department.
  • Lastly, can a posi unit simply be installed or are there other things to consider?
I know, it's a lot. I need lots of help! :doh:

cclark666 01-31-2013 04:03 PM

I have had great success with auto anything.com and moes performance. I am not sure if anyone makes long tubes for the 2012 yet. I believe moes has cams and if you go that route, you will need to be tuned. Lots of guys on here (including myself) have been quite satisfied with HemiFever tuning. As far as CAI goes... Take your pick. (I run an aFe stage 2, lots of others run varraram, and volant) they all suck plenty more air than stock! I would also recommend an 87mm throttle body if you are throwing in taller cam.(once again, moes performance.)

Chris b 01-31-2013 04:36 PM

ARH has the only longtubes out right now and they are proud of them!!!! around $1700 give or take a few$

fastNugly @ BP 01-31-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Ram (Post 998973)
So I have a 2012 Ram Express (Single Cab HEMI). I have an ambitious 30 days planned for it. All I need is the parts.

I'm looking for:
  • Long Tube Headers
  • Intake (one that makes good power, nothing conservative)
  • Cams (do they make them yet? havent seen any)
  • "Posi" Unit
Questions:
  • What brands are recommended & who to buy from?
  • Is there any way to check what gear ratio I have? I'm trying to upgrade that department.
  • Lastly, can a posi unit simply be installed or are there other things to consider?
I know, it's a lot. I need lots of help! :doh:

I can certainly help you price out some of what you are looking for through Discount Auto Performace.
ARH is a good and top reputable Long Tube headers. They come with y pipe and high flow cats, o2 sensor extensions and it bolts right in without modification.
I also recommend the Vararam Air Grabber for the intake.
Many who run the ARH are also running this and praise both together.
As for cams, there isnt too many options at this point and the same goes for the posi unit.

Let me know if I can be of help.

If you go to the vendor thread 'Discount Auto Performace' there is actually a group buy for the vararam and ARH headers.
Send me a PM and I can fire you off a quote as well.