DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Power Wagon (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Disabled stability control and traction control !!!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=132346)

Sledlvr 01-31-2013 11:34 AM

Disabled stability control and traction control !!!!!

I don't know how I did it , but I can now disable both traction control and stability control by pressing the traction control button on the dash !!!! The only down side is, I've lost cruise control , which really doesn't concern me . And is my truck ever fun to drive now , I can go into a full steering lock drift and hold it there , this truck handles better than any truck I've ever owned now :smiley_thumbs_up:

I'm thinking I covered a sensor with mud when wheeling ,(because I haven't changed any electronics ) yet the ABS still works if you don't shut the traction control off , I'm having more fun with the truck now than ever , even the torque management seems to have loosened up , on a wet road , it'll now light the 36" mudders off the line and shift up through the gears like a champ , while drifting sideways up the road !! I love it !!!!

stubie82 02-03-2013 03:16 PM

That's aweomse. You've got to figure it out and tell me how you did it!!! HAHA. Thats cool though. I wish I could do some cool donuts in the snow. Everyonce and a while I wanna spin the tires, but ya know how that goes.
Keep up having fun!

Sledlvr 02-03-2013 05:43 PM

I wish I knew how I disabled it , hoping to figure it out before it reverts back to being choked out again, all I can say is take it out and wheel it hard , maybe they just like to be abused :LOL:

stubie82 02-03-2013 09:49 PM

Haha. Ya know i would if I wasn't still paying on it. I'm hoping to get out soon

frickenbored 02-06-2013 08:18 PM

Hmm, I'm not sure how to break this to you...that button you pressed for traction control is designed to turn traction control off. Torque management is still there and is not affected by the traction control button. When you press the traction control button wheel slip is allowed, the PCM won't shut power down.

Now if you figure out how to get rid of torque management without a tuner that would be awesome...

Sledlvr 02-06-2013 08:47 PM

you're not telling me anything I don't know , My point is , the stability control is what has been disabled , pushing the button, disables the traction control , but before when the traction control was turned off , the tires would only spin if the truck was held in a straight line .

Now I can drift the truck completely sideways without the computer interfering , as for torque management , I understand how it works , I'm saying "it doesn't seem to be working on my truck " before this happened , this truck would not launch of the line, and wouldn't start pulling in 1st gear until about 3200 rpm ,whether traction control was on or not
now , it'll light 36" mudders off the line on wet pavement with the traction control off , (would hardly squeak the tires before )
like I said, I don't know why , just stating this is what is going on now :wavey:

frickenbored 02-09-2013 04:53 PM

I see what your saying, some kind of glitch in the ABS module maybe...and I would love to see a big ass power wagon drifting, that would be an awesome sight.

stubie82 04-11-2013 08:18 PM

SO, any luck on figuring out what caused your "problem"? I haven't had my truck out in a while and am looking forward to warmer weather.
Plus, how've you been?

Sledlvr 04-11-2013 08:36 PM

nope, not a clue, but I won't let Dodge hook it up to the computer for fear of losing it !!! lol, man is this thing ever fun to drive with all the "babysitters" shut off !!!!:SHOCKED:

mb power wagon 04-12-2013 01:24 AM

ok thats weird i got an 07 pw and i dont have traction control at all. i can drift my truck anytime i want. even when i turn on the key before starting and it tests the dash lights the traction control dont light up then.