DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   cai. help (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=132464)

Chris b 02-01-2013 07:15 PM

cai. help

OK guys here it is. I've heard of some guys trading in there K&N cai. for the vararam air grabber and im hoping they will chime in.:wavey:

I have the K&N now and I've always liked them and I have put them on everything I've ever had but here's the problem.:doh:

I put on a 84mm fastman throttle body on this week and I'm very happy with it I just don't like the fit and feel like its not giving the old girl enough air.

Ram725 02-01-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris b (Post 1000572)
OK guys here it is. I've heard of some guys trading in there K&N cai. for the vararam air grabber and im hoping they will chime in.:wavey:

I have the K&N now and I've always liked them and I have put them on everything I've ever had but here's the problem.:doh:

I put on a 84mm fastman throttle body on this week and I'm very happy with it I just don't like the fit and feel like its not giving the old girl enough air.

I've heard good things about Vararam, it was my second choice behind S&B. Wish I had an answer for you! But I know Vararam is a good product. :smileup:

05ram 02-01-2013 08:21 PM

S&B with the optional scoop!!!!!!!!!! Nice looking R/T you have there!!!!!!!!!

Chris b 02-01-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05ram (Post 1000626)
S&B with the optional scoop!!!!!!!!!! Nice looking R/T you have there!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I'll have to look into this S&B

Ram725 02-01-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris b (Post 1000632)
Thanks. I'll have to look into this S&B

I just got mine installed. I have a review thread somewhere and I have pics in the S&B link below. I just had it custom painted. Absolutely love it. I paid soemwhere around 340 from S&B Directly. Got it in 2 days.

fastNugly @ BP 02-05-2013 12:59 AM

I say for your mods and future mods....vararam all the way.

Ram725 02-05-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 1003659)
I say for your mods and future mods....vararam all the way.

Fast don't lie. He probably trumps me. So if you go vararam it's not a bad choice. :smileup:

fastNugly @ BP 02-05-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram725 (Post 1003696)
Fast don't lie. He probably trumps me. So if you go vararam it's not a bad choice. :smileup:

No lies here!
Simply based on the way ChrisB is going with mods and based on what other members on this board (among other boards), and because he goes to the track or will be going to the track, the vararam is a SOLID choice.

I am not knocking S&B in any way as it is a great unit, looks amazing.

But for proven track slips, I recommend Vararam all the way.

ChrisB, if you require pricing, let me know....I believe I directed to you our vendor page 'Discount Auto Performance' :smileup:

dodgert 02-05-2013 12:11 PM

i got my k&n and customized it and have 0 issues

s1000rrhp 02-05-2013 09:38 PM

I put an Airaid in mine... Love it and i find the filter quality to be on par with Vararam or better... S&B are nice but think they need work on their filters