DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Heating & Cooling (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   Alotta noise for a lil air (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=132474)

crazychevy88 02-01-2013 09:25 PM

Alotta noise for a lil air

So my AC blows cold, and my heat is hot (atleast as hot as it gets with a 160 thermostat) but it seems to be lacking in the movement. If I crank the blower all the way up I can hear it pusing harder (sounds like a wind tunnel) but its not getting to the vents. Any quick fixes that don't involve tearing my entire dash out? Thanks in advance guys!

slaghammer 04-02-2013 10:45 PM

Alotta noise for a lil air

I posted the same problem a while back for my '06.
It appeared that the problem was with the Blend Door from what others had experienced. The Tech at the dealership told me that it was actually the Blend Body and it would take about 8 hours of labor which involved removing the dash to the tune of about $900. If you hear of another way to correct this, let me know. Good luck

DodgieDan 05-06-2013 10:38 PM

There is a you tube video on fixing the blend doors without taking the 8 hours that the service center wants. I downloaded the videos to disc and took them to my local repair shop and they did the work in 3 hours. I will post later with the link.

elinmon1976 08-18-2013 01:31 AM

I searched YouTube but couldn't find the answer to this particular problem. I have the SAM thing going on but there doesn't appear to be a broken blend door blocking the fan. Please tell me I don't have to pull the whole dash.

AzHunter 08-27-2013 08:42 PM

Anyone have an update on this? I have a 06 that just started doing the same thing today. Sounds like it is blowing HARD but only a little bit of air is getting out the vents.

elinmon1976 08-27-2013 10:41 PM

I found a video on you tube. The recirculate door breaks and blocks the fan. Have to go in behind the glove box. I just took the door out. I will replace it later.

AzHunter 08-28-2013 12:42 AM

This guy has videos on how to diagnose what door or motor is the problem and how to fix it. Very cool. He sells the replacement doors but that have metal parts where the OEM plastic breaks.
My ReCirculating door broke at the motor connection. That caused my problem which was the same as CrazyChevy explained. After watching the videos, I broke the grill out and pulled the door out. It was sitting on the air intake blocking nearly all the airflow to the fan. Will replace later with a door from Heater Treater.

mb power wagon 09-01-2013 05:24 PM

try pulling out the blower motor and see if you find anything broken. easy to get to and easy to check and it won't cost you anything to do it yourself.

GTyankee 09-01-2013 06:01 PM

go to youtube

look for HEATER TREATER DODGE

Topdragster 10-29-2013 09:48 PM

same problem here. took me five minutes to pull the blower motor down (3 Screws) either use a socket or a torxs. tip door up and pulled it out through blower motor hole. will look for a new door.whos selling doors lol