DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Radio Problem (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=132558)

dalonzo96 02-02-2013 07:46 PM

Radio Problem

Hi i purchased a 2013 ram sport CC 10 days ago. Today i remote started my truck and when i got in my truck my radio sound was not playing. I tried xm fm am plugging my iPhone in nothing would work. Everything else works fine including the screen works. I have the alpine sound system. Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution? Im going to go to my dealer monday to find out whats wrong and how it can be fixed?

vinniegambini 02-02-2013 07:52 PM

Let us know what happened just in case it happens to anyone else.

grubscrew 02-02-2013 08:12 PM

I've had something similar more than once. Have you let it sit for a good 10 minutes and retried it?

dalonzo96 02-02-2013 08:15 PM

i drove for i good 20 mins then left it for about 5 mins and nothing. I will try again in 10 mins to see if it works.

grubscrew 02-02-2013 08:19 PM

What I found is shutting it off for a few minutes and turning it back on the radio does not actually reset. Leaving it for 10-15 minutes and turn it back on, the driving terms come up meaning the radio resets.

Coastline 02-03-2013 08:46 AM

I found this on another forum (thanks boomer135). I Was having issues with my radio reseting at least once a day. After reading another forum, I competed the following.

NOTE: do at your own risk!!

"Hold both the Heating and cooling buttons for 5 seconds, I have dual climate so I held both drivers and passenger side heating and cooling, for 5 seconds.

Then you will enter the "secret" engineering menu.

You can scroll down and reset to factory settings

the system will reboot, and you have now reset your system."

After The reset the radio and menus were completely different from when I received the truck. I thought I really screwed up. Prior to doing the reset I had the ram logo on the screen and everything was orange and black. After the reset i had the uconnect emblem and everything was blue and black. The buttons in the bottom menu were different as well. The settings were complete different too.

The next morning I called and made an appointment to bring my truck in. Well, when I got off the phone, I went out and started the truck. When the radio came on everything was back to normal. The only thing I can think is the radio download the correct software over the air through the night.

So far everything has been working great. Hopefully this will correct my reset issues.

Again do the following at your own risk.

dalonzo96 02-05-2013 05:34 PM

So I went to my dealer this afternoon to get it checked out and the problem was a wire got lose on the amp and fell off cause the sound to not work.