DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hidden/Cool Features (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=132863)

Coastline 02-06-2013 06:17 AM

Hidden/Cool Features

As a former Ford owner I noticed on a Ford forum they had a thread called Hidden or Cool Features. I searched this site and couldn't find anything like that so I decided to start one. Being a new Ram owner (about a week) I really don't know a whole about the truck but, I know you guys know your trucks inside and out. So, with that being said let's get started posting some tips & tricks we know about our trucks. Also, list the year your truck is, as they change some from year to year.

dodge man 02-06-2013 01:56 PM

I don't know on the trucks. On my 2010 Challenger, if you hold down the buttons on the steering wheel for a long enough period of time, you unlock some menu items, like oil pressure, oil temp etc, but the coolest being a 0 to 60 timer.

Lwebster51 02-06-2013 02:23 PM

Just subscribing so I can follow as I am a new ram owner as well. 2011 ram 1500 SLT, OUTDOORSMAN

RamTech 02-06-2013 02:23 PM

I've discovered that many manufacturers "hide" these features in the owners manual.

GTyankee 02-06-2013 02:28 PM

People with the 2013 Rams, that have the RA3 & RA4, should be able to add a list to this thread.
Being as those 2 radios are only 1/2 entertainment system & 1/2 computer controls for the Ram

I never read my 2009 radio manual & i discover new ways to use my Navigation all the time

gonefishin776 02-06-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 1004696)
I've discovered that many manufacturers "hide" these features in the owners manual.

hahahahahaha. funny how that works.

I remember being younger and amazed when i found out how to disable the middle seat radio control buttons from the front head unit in our excursion. you had to press and hold the 3 and 5 presets. I thought it was some big secret...but it was in the manual haha.

Coastline 02-06-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 1004696)

In my F150 there was a way to fold down the rear seats, which was NOT in the owners manual. I have read the owners manual from cover to cover and watched the DVD that came with the truck as I am a very thorough person.

RamTech 02-06-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastline (Post 1004771)
In my F150 there was a way to fold down the rear seats, which was NOT in the owners manual. I have read the owners manual from cover to cover and watched the DVD that came with the truck as I am a very thorough person. Maybe you should get out of the shop a little more.

Maybe you should try not being so thin skinned and look for a little humor in things.

LeftCoast 02-06-2013 10:52 PM

There is the seatbelt chime trick. to not have the annoying seatbelt chime tell you your belt isnt locked in....

1- lock seatbelt in
2- turn ignition to "ON"
3- wait for seatbelt warning light to remove from dash
4- remove and insert seat belt 3 times within 10 seconds
5- leave seatbelt in on the 3rd time
6- turn ignition to "OFF"
7- listen for chime to confirm operation worked

RAM EM 02-06-2013 11:17 PM

I dont know if its a "hidden" feature, but I "discovered" that tapping the turn signal handle triggers a 3 flash lane change signal. Probably was on the DVD I havent watched yet, lol.