DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Washing & Waxing (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Liquid Glass vs Nu-finish? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=133121)

VulcanRam205 02-08-2013 09:00 PM

Liquid Glass vs Nu-finish?

I'm in the market for a good polish. Any thoughts on Liquid glass or Nu-finish? My Ram has the sparkle black paint. Thanks in advance!

itshertruck 02-10-2013 10:03 AM

I love the liquid glass! That stuff is better than Rain-X! Put it in my windshield, don't have to use my wipers anywhere near as much when it rains. Water beads off everywhere real well with liquid glass!

dodgert 02-10-2013 10:36 AM

wow they still make that i used to use that but i have the same black paint if you want it to pop in the sun use adams wax

if you would like i can post pics up of mine waxed with adams the shine and depth are amazing

Pull Ya 02-10-2013 02:29 PM

Are you looking for a good--polish--sealant-- or wax ?? They are all different and are used for different things.
Jay

Jayincali 02-10-2013 03:01 PM

Neither. Like Jay said above, do you want to polish, wax, or seal? If you have never done any of these, you probably need to. Polishing your paint will bring the depth and gloss to your finish making the pearl in your paint pop. Then wax to protect the finish and enhance the shine. Finally seal your paint to give the wax an extra layer of protection that can last 3-6 months depending on weather conditions and product used.

primo spaghetti 02-11-2013 07:25 PM

im guessing by the two choices youve listed, youll be shopping over the counter at a local auto parts store 9and there is nothing wrong with that).

If autozone, or walmart are your target retailers, then id look to Duragloss, Meguairs and or Mothers over the two choices you quoted...

if your looking to start buying online, there are many other products available..ive tried most and have a good idea on how they react depending on what your doing...

remember this too....they dont always cost more from specialty retailers than the over the counter selections either.

jpeltier 03-19-2013 04:46 PM

I use Liquid glass and have been using it for years. It beads off water really good and puts a deep shine on my paint.

JWM59 03-19-2013 05:19 PM

When I had my 69 Mach1 painted they told me to use Liquid glass and I am very happy with that product. Now my truck like yours is also black. My gripe with with most wax is dries white and can leave swirls and also fill in small scratches and chips which actually makes them look worse. I just used Back Ice from Surf City Garage and am very pleased. It is made for dark vehicles. My truck is not a show vehicle but I still want it to look good so this is the product I chose. I'm sure Adam's is great but I just don't have that kind of time.