DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Keyless Enter-N-Go, is it worth having? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=133253)

crabjoe 02-10-2013 11:50 AM

Keyless Enter-N-Go, is it worth having?

For those that have the Keyless Enter-N-Go, do you feel it's worth it or are you still using the key fob to unlock all the doors?

RamTech 02-10-2013 11:52 AM

I love it even though I don't own anything with it. That being said, I still wind up using it quite often on the cars I work on. So far, the system has proven reliable with no major problems seen by our shop.

frickenbored 02-10-2013 12:28 PM

Keyless enter and go is awesome. The key never has to leave your pocket, just wish my 2012 ram would have came with it.

crabjoe 02-10-2013 12:59 PM

Now I've got another question..

I'm thinking this feature it's going to drain the Fob battery quickly. Doesn't it have to consistently send out a RF signal, where with a regular fob, nothing happens, until a button is pressed?

What happens if the Fob battery dies? Can you still start the truck? Is the Fob battery easy to change?

dodgeman70592 02-10-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabjoe (Post 1008161)
Now I've got another question..

I'm thinking this feature it's going to drain the Fob battery quickly. Doesn't it have to consistently send out a RF signal, where with a regular fob, nothing happens, until a button is pressed?

What happens if the Fob battery dies? Can you still start the truck? Is the Fob battery easy to change?

It's essentially the same type of fobs I have in my challenger with keyless go. The batteries typically last two years or so and they are about 4 bucks for a two pack at Walmart. As far as still being able to start your truck if the fob battery is dead, I am sure like the challengers there is actually a key blank in the fob and you can pop off the keyless start button on the ignition module and there is a key hole. Hope this makes sense

Excoastie 02-10-2013 01:44 PM

Got it on my wife's Chally, and she loves it. I wouldn't hesitate to get it on a new truck, just don't want or new a need truck.

Exco

Coastline 02-10-2013 05:32 PM

I love mine, wouldn't want to be without it.

kxlexus 02-11-2013 08:56 AM

Ihave it on my car and love it so much I ordered it on my Laramie. My Lacrosse is a 2.5 years old and neither fob battery has been replaced.

Socalgordon 02-11-2013 01:15 PM

Now the question is, is there a 2013 ram keyless n' go part kit that can be installed in a 2012?

Arth 02-11-2013 01:18 PM

No idea. I know there would be a lot involved to make it work but I am trying to find out what parts exactly make it functional.