DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Spray in bed liner (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=133609)

ronnie11223 02-14-2013 08:14 AM

Spray in bed liner

I want to do a spray-in bed liner has anyone done it themselves and what brand did you use or should I just pay the $500 and and have rhino do it?

gonefishin776 02-14-2013 08:17 AM

I'm assuming rhino will offer some sort of warranty with their work, so that's a good reason to have the pros do it. If money isn't an obstacle, I'd have rhino do it. But if you are strapped for cash, do it yourself. Not sure on brands though, mine came from the dealer sprayed.

Mopar Big Horn 02-14-2013 08:24 AM

i would like to do a spray in liner also but dont really want to do it myself, would rather have a pro do it. does anyone know if the dealership would do it?

gonefishin776 02-14-2013 08:26 AM

^^^^^^That sounds like a question for you dealer. I'm not sure if they spray it AT the dealer, but they probably send it off somewhere to get sprayed. But i guess it depends on the dealer. I'd call them up and ask them and get a quote, then call around to any shops that do it if there are any.

LeftCoast 02-14-2013 10:11 PM

It would probably be cheaper to call Rhino yourself or a Rhino authorized vendor. I have the factory spray in and love it. I have seen on Speed , think it was "Trucks" or ""hot rod tv" or something but there was a company that advertised a do it your self roll on bed liner. It looked really good, and if I didn't have the factory I would seriously look into. One of the Speed TV shows put it in a truck I believe too. I forget the name of the roll on bed liner.

svt2026 02-15-2013 10:28 AM

I have had rhino liner and now linex. Linex is definitely the way to go, holds up better to weathering and has a surface that makes it easier to slide cargo into the truck. I does have a rough finish so things don't slide all over.

Chunkem 02-15-2013 12:03 PM

I believe if you call them directly you will more than likely save some cash. If you know your dealer well see if they can give you the volume discount. Worst thing that is going to happen is they say NO..... Good luck and let us know how you make out.....

DOZER 02-15-2013 01:04 PM

I went with Line-X. I didn't like the way the Rhino looked. Same price either way and nothing like a lifetime warrantee.

ArmyofOne 02-15-2013 01:05 PM

I have done a roll-on herculiner myself on my 05 RCSB Sport 4x4. Let me tell you, it was f'ing messy. If you prep good, and mask the bed rails well, you would be fine. Turns out great, is easily touched up and allows for light duty use. but it was tons of work, and couldnt use the bed for 3 days.

hemipowerv8 02-15-2013 01:08 PM

I had Rhino on my trucks years ago...a bit softer/rubberier than Line-X...seems to fade quicker (like 3 years vs 5 for Line-X).
I made the switch to Line-X and have done it on my last 2 and will stick with them from here on. I have not attempted to do it myself...I like to get that professionally done with a warranty...