DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I can't be the only one... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=133616)

Jon3sgte 02-14-2013 09:31 AM

I can't be the only one...

that cant stand the look of the factory exhaust! Has anyone cut there's off (the tip) or re-routed the end so you cant see it at all? There's no difference between our exhaust and the V6 one. Especially after I debadged my truck :doh: I'm def not looking to put an aggresive muffler on it just yet. The car I traded in on the ram had Flow's and I'm enjoying the quiet ride (for now).

snrusnak 02-14-2013 09:38 PM

Hm I actually like it. I'm going to make a y pipe and put a straight through type muffler on soon, but intend to keep the exit the same.

Soul Killa 02-18-2013 06:51 PM

mine is rusted and coverd in mud and dirt most of the time..but i have no exhaust at all and it sounds like a beast so idk if ill change mine.

SK-Ram 02-19-2013 05:29 PM

I actually like the 90 degree tailpipe, I might put the Metal Mulisha Gibson tip on at some point though.

bigVtwin 03-02-2013 09:22 AM

The only thing I don't like about it is how far out it sticks past the bottom lip of the bed panel. When I finally get around to changing my muffler and y-pipe I think I'll just cut it back flush with the bed and throw a nice stainless 4" tip on it and call it good. Even with a stock exhaust if you dump it under the bed I bet you won't like the resonance you get in the cab. I'm a huge fan of how quiet my truck is in the cab going down the road and I don't want to ruin that. My Tahoe had Flowmaster duals straight out the back and it was LOUD. That's fine for short trips and cruise ins but long rides made my gf and I want to kill ourselves.

Jon3sgte 03-08-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigVtwin (Post 1027210)
The only thing I don't like about it is how far out it sticks past the bottom lip of the bed panel. When I finally get around to changing my muffler and y-pipe I think I'll just cut it back flush with the bed and throw a nice stainless 4" tip on it and call it good. Even with a stock exhaust if you dump it under the bed I bet you won't like the resonance you get in the cab. I'm a huge fan of how quiet my truck is in the cab going down the road and I don't want to ruin that. My Tahoe had Flowmaster duals straight out the back and it was LOUD. That's fine for short trips and cruise ins but long rides made my gf and I want to kill ourselves.

I didnt think about resonance. I may have it extended to almost the rear bumper and dump there. I really dont like the look of the single exit. I'm not even sure I like the look of the dual exit on the Hemi's.

Jon3sgte 03-08-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WPG-RAM (Post 1016854)
I actually like the 90 degree tailpipe, I might put the Metal Mulisha Gibson tip on at some point though.

I really like the RBP tip but it's over $100 :wow:

brandonjansen 03-08-2013 12:10 PM

I installed the Flowmaster American Thunder cat back system on my truck. Still exits out the side (had the option to go out the back). But I like the looks of it a lot better. Plus the sound is 100 times better than stock. Here's a picture that kind of shows it. Not the greatest angle though.

http://www.ramforumz.com/picture.php...pictureid=5062

Jon3sgte 03-08-2013 01:05 PM

^How is the drone with that set-up?

brandonjansen 03-08-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon3sgte (Post 1033099)
^How is the drone with that set-up?

None at all. I drive about 100km (60mi) a day to and from work. Cruising on the highway you won't even hear it if you have your stereo turned up at all. If you drop a gear to climb a hill you'll definitely know it's there; it's loudest around 2000 rpm. But I love it. If I stomp on it at all it's turning heads.