DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Tundra kicked my ass x2 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=133656)

FireWire 02-14-2013 06:46 PM

Tundra kicked my ass x2

I was on my way to work this morning.
I was stopped at a light beside a crew cab, Plain Jane Tundra.
Just pass this intersection, our two lanes merge into one.
I planned to get the jump and get ahead of him.
He had the same idea. We both took off after the light changed.
The pavement was wet and cold at the time.
In an effort to keep me safe, the TC kicked in and he took off like I was in a Neon.
I caught up to him later at another light.
This time, I turned TC off and had my truck in 4WD.
I mashed it when the light changed and jumped ahead of him.
Then he passed me.
WTF

dwanton 02-14-2013 07:01 PM

you never know what someone has under the hood !

i never race anyone unless I am on my bike -- and even then some of these tricked out rice burners are fast as hell .

turbos and superchargers are not real expensive as they used to be and a bunch of these new vehicle come with them from the factory .

look at KIA -- putting these tiny little superchargers in their cars now ! they are like the size of a softball.

also , did you buy your truck to be fast -- well -- now you know you have some modding to do to your motor and other tricks to make her faster ..

Alberto22 02-14-2013 07:03 PM

I know Toyota has a sweet super charger for the tundra bringing it up to 500 hp.....

crabjoe 02-14-2013 07:19 PM

I'll tell you what happened... Your truck was built on a Friday.. Actually, the build started on Friday... guys left the plant, came back Monday to finish it.

Bwahahahaha.... Just kidding... Like the others said, you never know what someone else has under the hood. And being it was light to light, it could have been a gearing issue too...

Copperhead Ram 02-14-2013 07:23 PM

I didn't order a Ram for the 0-60 times or street racing... I just prefer the looks, comfort, handling, and the Hemi power.

FireWire 02-14-2013 09:47 PM

I think the Tundra was stock.

steveschaedel 02-14-2013 09:49 PM

Well I didnt buy the power wagon for its quarter mile times - but if you run across Tunra man again lets ask him to take it off road and see what happens :-)

FireWire 02-14-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveschaedel (Post 1012463)
Well I didnt buy the power wagon for its quarter mile times - but if you run across Tunra man again lets ask him to take it off road and see what happens :-)

My truck is a Sport, so not really an off roader.

FireWire 02-14-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwanton (Post 1012281)
you never know what someone has under the hood !

i never race anyone unless I am on my bike -- and even then some of these tricked out rice burners are fast as hell .

I have a 1250 Bandit with some nice mods for going fast.
I didn't really get a truck for that.
I was just surprised when I got my Ram smoked by a Toyota.

nfd538 02-14-2013 10:35 PM

The 5.7 Tundra can haul. What makes you think it was stock? Is yours stock? Maybe the Tundra guy is a better driver. Bet he had a laugh taking you twice. You never know what people have.