DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Electrical issue/radio doesn't save settings (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=133712)

snrusnak 02-15-2013 12:15 PM

Electrical issue/radio doesn't save settings

So I've never really had this issues since I bought my truck but in the past say 3 weeks this has happened a handful of times. I get in my truck in the morning and start it up, turn on the radio, and all the bass/mid/treble settings have been reset to factory(middle). Everything else is fine. I didn't disconnect the battery or anything either. The stations are still saved as well. What gives?

RamTech 02-15-2013 01:05 PM

Never heard of this one. Is the flash level up to date?

snrusnak 02-15-2013 01:13 PM

By that do you mean the pcm? I don't know what the latest flash is or whatever. I will be taking the truck in this weekend though to have them program the fog light code since I swapped to the sport bumper last weekend. I will tune the pcm back to stock settings then have them update it for the fog lights and check for any updates. I may not tune back to a 93 tune since gas has gotten so expensive, might go to the 87 performance tune.

I just found it very odd that that one thing was losing power or resetting somehow.

BTW, do you know what the charge should be for them to program the fog light code?

Thanks!

RamTech 02-15-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 1012982)
By that do you mean the pcm? I don't know what the latest flash is or whatever. I will be taking the truck in this weekend though to have them program the fog light code since I swapped to the sport bumper last weekend. I will tune the pcm back to stock settings then have them update it for the fog lights and check for any updates. I may not tune back to a 93 tune since gas has gotten so expensive, might go to the 87 performance tune.

I just found it very odd that that one thing was losing power or resetting somehow.

BTW, do you know what the charge should be for them to program the fog light code?

Thanks!

Have them make sure the radio flash level is up to date while it's in there. If the truck is still under the 3/36 warranty, there won't be any charge for the update. As for adding the fogs, I would expect about 1/2 hour of their labor rate.

snrusnak 02-15-2013 01:52 PM

Unfortunately my truck has nearly 80k miles on it so not under that warranty lol. I'll have them check it though. And thanks for the guess on the fogs, I'm going to try to "sweet talk" them in to free but I doubt that'll work.

RamTech 02-15-2013 02:02 PM

I about guarantee it won't. It takes about 30 minutes of the tech's time to do it.

snrusnak 02-15-2013 02:04 PM

What ever happened to the good old days when you could give the guy a 6 pack and he'd hook you up???

:)

RamTech 02-15-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 1013013)
What ever happened to the good old days when you could give the guy a 6 pack and he'd hook you up???

:)

You still can if you know the guy that has to do the work. This trick doesn't work so well when 2 or more people have to be compensated.

Excoastie 02-16-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 1013018)
This trick doesn't work so well when 2 or more people have to be compensated.

Unless you bring a six pack or two for each of them :D

lbram81 02-18-2013 10:54 PM

I have owned my 2012 for 9 months now, this has happened to me about 10 times. Told dealer, they had no idea what to do about it. Said if it does it on their watch they will order me a new radio. Im going to mention this flash thing to them next time im in.