DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Feel of the Vararam Air Grabber (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=133762)

xxpalmer 02-15-2013 10:30 PM

Feel of the Vararam Air Grabber

Anyone not notice a difference after installing the air grabber? I dont seem to be noticing any poer difference and my engine even seems to be running a few degrees hotter?

I did have meineke install a muffler that t hey screwed me on and im having a magnaflow y pipe and mag 18" muffler and all the 2.5" pipe changed back to the stock 3" after meineke hacked it out. Im hoping this will open everything up and the vararam will come alive.

It gets such great reviews, im just not seeing anything right now? Do those fins behind the 2013 grill block the air?

fastNugly @ BP 02-16-2013 02:17 AM

You'll typically feel it more in WOT and in the higher RPMs

BerryToyz 02-16-2013 03:37 PM

Im still deciding on a CIA. Im between the vararam and s&b. But my opinion on your experience with it is that it should have still showed inprovement regardless of the exhaust change. Fast is right the most gains or feel will be at 3/4 to WOT. Have you tried that? Get back and thanks for review

fastNugly @ BP 02-16-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerryToyz (Post 1013871)
Im still deciding on a CIA. Im between the vararam and s&b. But my opinion on your experience with it is that it should have still showed inprovement regardless of the exhaust change. Fast is right the most gains or feel will be at 3/4 to WOT. Have you tried that? Get back and thanks for review

That's when the most sucking/air grabbing happens.
Both are great CAI's but vararam has proven track slips and dyno numbers of HP increase

Bully's Performance 02-16-2013 06:20 PM

as stated above most all CAI's including the air grabber you will notice the most improvement at WOT, I don't think the muffler should affect it much, and as fast said the air grabber has proven track time and dynos, have you tried WOT yet?

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

11hemisport 02-17-2013 07:43 PM

get a trinity, then a 93 octane hemifever tune! you will feel, and hear the vararam then, I promise you

fastNugly @ BP 02-17-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11hemisport (Post 1014949)
get a trinity, then a 93 octane hemifever tune! you will feel, and hear the vararam then, I promise you

What he ^^^ said.
Hows in going bud? :smileup:

browndawg 02-18-2013 12:20 AM

at least it looks cool under the hood now basically thats all its doin for ya unless u gonna do other mods then itll come together

11hemisport 02-18-2013 04:32 PM

Great fast, thanks for the intake!!

I didn't notice a sound difference with the vararam even at wot until I got the hemifever tune. Now it sounds mean, but not loud like other open cai's

fastNugly @ BP 02-18-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11hemisport (Post 1015800)
Great fast, thanks for the intake!!

I didn't notice a sound difference with the vararam even at wot until I got the hemifever tune. Now it sounds mean, but not loud like other open cai's

Yea, no problem.
I gotta ride in your truck to feel the quickness.

Now you need some 5inch tips :gy: