DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Toyo open country AT 2. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=133858)

holydiver89 02-17-2013 04:24 AM

Toyo open country AT 2.
 
Hey guys, wondering if anyone is running the Toyo AT 2 or knows the specs on them. First question is what's the tread width? I know sectional width is about 11" but I can't find tread width anywhere, looking for at least 9" tread width. Also the tire is only rated for 35 psi.... This seems kinda low I think our trucks take 36 psi? And I like running 40..... Anybody running these at that low of pressure? Thoughts?

Junior81 02-17-2013 04:11 PM

I'm running a set on my truck, 35/12.5/20 great tire btw. I have them at 40psi and they feel good on the road

Whit 02-17-2013 04:18 PM

once you go bigger then our stock 275/60/20 the tire is heavier and 10 ply. I just ordered a set and wanted 275/65/20 but its a heavy 10 ply and i assume it would have a psi rating of 65. I stayed with stock size. :(

OMALLEY808 02-21-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junior81 (Post 1014697)
I'm running a set on my truck, 35/12.5/20 great tire btw. I have them at 40psi and they feel good on the road

How are your tires wearing at 40psi? I have the same tires same size. I'm running 45psi up front and about 42 rear no load

fastNugly @ BP 02-21-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMALLEY808 (Post 1018350)
How are your tires wearing at 40psi? I have the same tires same size. I'm running 45psi up front and about 42 rear no load

That's why your truck looks funny :gy:

Man, we still have to meet up. Need to see them before they are worn down ...lol

holydiver89 02-21-2013 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whit (Post 1014704)
once you go bigger then our stock 275/60/20 the tire is heavier and 10 ply. I just ordered a set and wanted 275/65/20 but its a heavy 10 ply and i assume it would have a psi rating of 65. I stayed with stock size. :(

So you got the 275/60/20 toyo AT? What psi are they set at and what is the tread width?

holydiver89 02-21-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junior81 (Post 1014697)
I'm running a set on my truck, 35/12.5/20 great tire btw. I have them at 40psi and they feel good on the road

I'm guessing they are rated at 65 or 80?

holydiver89 02-21-2013 03:42 AM

OK HERE'S AN UPDATE: I don't know how I missed it before but on multiple other sites, the AT 2 is claimed at 35psi max for the P275/60/20, but I looked on Toyo's site and they have it listed as 44psi max so that's a plus. Now just need someone with a 275/60 toyo to measure the tread width. my bald stock wrangler HP is 9-9.25, hoping this toyo is same or wider.

fastNugly @ BP 02-21-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holydiver89 (Post 1018413)
OK HERE'S AN UPDATE: I don't know how I missed it before but on multiple other sites, the AT 2 is claimed at 35psi max for the P275/60/20, but I looked on Toyo's site and they have it listed as 44psi max so that's a plus. Now just need someone with a 275/60 toyo to measure the tread width. my bald stock wrangler HP is 9-9.25, hoping this toyo is same or wider.

These are fairly new tires and most people who have them are running them in the 35's
Plus the measurements on Toyo's site is fairly accurate. To actually know tread width, I would minus 1-1.5" max

Grubrunner 02-21-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMALLEY808 (Post 1018350)
How are your tires wearing at 40psi? I have the same tires same size. I'm running 45psi up front and about 42 rear no load

Why the difference in pressure from front to back?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger