DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   some idiot hit my ram (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=133878)

elmcb 02-17-2013 01:42 PM

some idiot hit my ram

So the other day at work another coworker backed into the passenger rear of my 08, busting the tail light, pushed the bumper into the truck and causing a dent and some scrapes, without "knowing" it happened. The only way I knew it happened was because a worker from the business next to ours called and said he seen it happen. The suspected perpetrator denies that he did anything even with the witness and unusual green paint that matches his Blazer all over my bumper. Granted the guy said he would purchase a tail light after I called the local PD to report it but that doesn't fix everything. I am neighbors with the guy, a coworker and married to his niece so I'm trying to keep this as nice as possible even tho if the shoe was on the other foot he would be freaking outraged. So, basically what should I do? The damage is minimal but I still want it fixed and don't feel I need to come outta pocket. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

KYSEAN 02-17-2013 03:24 PM

If you filed a Police Report, send the info to your insurance company and tell them you want it fixed and fixed right. they'll handle it from there.

RansRAM 02-17-2013 03:27 PM

Get it fixed and show him the bill, hopefully he will come clean if he has a conscience, especially with the evidence and eye witness. Good luck and let us know.

gotbrains230 02-17-2013 04:06 PM

Ok so here it goes......DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY!!!

So your married to his niece, a coworker, and neighbors with the guy. Who gives a shit?
An eyewitness puts him as the main suspect in a hit and run. And it seems to me that your trying to look at it from another angle, as your trying to keep the peace. And I do understand, I've had stupid shit happen with family, and I try to keep my mouth shut, but it never works

I say, if he doesn't wanna admit to it, as if offering to buy another headlight doesn't admit guilt, have a paint chip analysis performed. They way they can match the green chips on your vehicle to his, then a general production date on that paint can be discovered, which ultimately will match the production date on his vehicle.

I do understand that this may be going a little far, but damn, this guy damaged your vehicle and denying absolutely any involvement in the occurrence. WTF? Really? Be a man and admit your guilt.

Anywho, I guess the advice I'm giving you, whether you take it or not, is quit being the nice guy. I recently quit being the nice guy and things have never been better!

Good luck sir!

double0ram 02-17-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotbrains230 (Post 1014691)
Ok so here it goes......DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY!!!

So your married to his niece, a coworker, and neighbors with the guy. Who gives a shit?
An eyewitness puts him as the main suspect in a hit and run. And it seems to me that your trying to look at it from another angle, as your trying to keep the peace. And I do understand, I've had stupid shit happen with family, and I try to keep my mouth shut, but it never works

I say, if he doesn't wanna admit to it, as if offering to buy another headlight doesn't admit guilt, have a paint chip analysis performed. They way they can match the green chips on your vehicle to his, then a general production date on that paint can be discovered, which ultimately will match the production date on his vehicle.

I do understand that this may be going a little far, but damn, this guy damaged your vehicle and denying absolutely any involvement in the occurrence. WTF? Really? Be a man and admit your guilt.

Anywho, I guess the advice I'm giving you, whether you take it or not, is quit being the nice guy. I recently quit being the nice guy and things have never been better!

Good luck sir!

me and Matt always seem to see eye to eye. I agree 100%.

if you don't want to go that far with the paint test, file the police report. the longer you wait the less easier it is going to be to get the insurance claim on it. I wouldn't hesitate if it was family either, in my experience family matters only tend to make it worse if you be the nice guy. don't roll over, tell him to fix it.

gotbrains230 02-17-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double0ram (Post 1014723)
me and Matt always seem to see eye to eye. I agree 100%.

if you don't want to go that far with the paint test, file the police report. the longer you wait the less easier it is going to be to get the insurance claim on it. I wouldn't hesitate if it was family either, in my experience family matters only tend to make it worse if you be the nice guy. don't roll over, tell him to fix it.

Exactly!
This guy needs to admit the guilt and quit all the lame ass excuses
Sorry if I'm coming off as a prick on this whole ordeal. But there are 2 types of people in this life that I absolutely cannot stand, and that's a thief and a liar.

elmcb 02-17-2013 09:59 PM

Thanks guys, my thoughts exactly. He would do the same thing to me if it was reversed. Time to get my shit fixed.

dwanton 02-17-2013 10:14 PM

get a couple estimates and hand them to the guy -- unless you have a certain shop to do the repairs , then just give him an estimate from them.

if it was only a taillamp , it wouldnt be worth it to bother with the liar -- KARMA is a bitch .. he will get his sooner or later.

or at the next family reunion you could always tell his mom ! -- LOL

RAM EM 02-17-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmcb (Post 1015059)
Thanks guys, my thoughts exactly. He would do the same thing to me if it was reversed. Time to get my shit fixed.

Atta boy! :appl:

brad12kx 02-18-2013 01:42 AM

You filed a police report and have a witness. Contact your insurance and give them that info. From this point on your only concern should be that the repair shop does a good job. If the perp wanted to keep this 'in the family' then he should have taken care of things before the PD was involved.

IMO the situation is handled. Get your estimates and get it fixed ASAP. If your brother in law trice removed has anything to say, don't forget that it was him that did the hit and run, not you. If you feel like being a good guy, speak highly of him in court so he doesn't get jail time. ;)

NOW.....post some pics in the thread. We have a saying here. Pics!.....or it didn't happen. :D