DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2012 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   truck saved my life (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=134005)

seant 02-18-2013 08:48 PM

truck saved my life

Hey everyone I was in as serious head on collision Wednesday night. I can tell you my truck saved my life. A minivan crossed into my lane on highway 7. I broke my right tibia and fibia had a rod put in my legg. I was hit at a very high speed all air bags deployed. I figure my truck is a write off. I just got out of hospital yesterday. All be off work for a whie. Im definately getting another ram truck. Tough truck did its job. The woman fell asleep at the whee.and is being charged. She also survived how i dont know. Take care

ramfan05 02-18-2013 08:52 PM

Wow! Glad to hear you're ok! I've been in a similar situation and I know how hard it is to recover, but I wish you the best!

Stump3r 02-18-2013 08:53 PM

Damn! Not nice to hear, but great that the Ram did it's job and saved your life! Let us know how the healing process is coming along and look forward to hearing what your next Ram will be.

RansRAM 02-18-2013 08:53 PM

Wow your story scares the hell out of me. You never know what's around the next corner. So glad the Ram did its job and kept you alive. Take care.

PaulMys 02-18-2013 08:53 PM

Wow. Glad to hear you are o.k.! You can always get a new truck, but not a new life. The RAM saved you.

Giants89 02-18-2013 09:26 PM

Wow thank GOD you are okay. What a miracle. Keep us posted with your recovery and your new truck purchase! God bless!

CdnoilRAM 02-18-2013 09:35 PM

Glad you're ok-ish. Give it a week and you'll see how much pain you'll be in. I just bought another new-to-me ram to replace one that kept me and my fiancee safe, so I understand your feelings on the matter.

oldhp 02-18-2013 09:36 PM

+1 on you being OK. Did you check out the posting on the crash test of the Ram?

fastNugly @ BP 02-18-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seant (Post 1015966)
Hey everyone I was in as serious head on collision Wednesday night. I can tell you my truck saved my life. A minivan crossed into my lane on highway 7. I broke my right tibia and fibia had a rod put in my legg. I was hit at a very high speed all air bags deployed. I figure my truck is a write off. I just got out of hospital yesterday. All be off work for a whie. Im definately getting another ram truck. Tough truck did its job. The woman fell asleep at the whee.and is being charged. She also survived how i dont know. Take care

Glad you are ok.
Your accident was where along Hwy7?

She was ok because she was not tense....go figure.
But a new ram is on the bright side here :smileup:

Asur 02-18-2013 09:37 PM

holy crap, cool your ok, really hope you heal well and get back to working order real soon. Keep us posted on how things are going. All the best