DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   5.9L V8 Specific Topics (
-   -   Air intake (

KMoor91 02-19-2013 06:44 PM

Air intake
Where does the hose for intake run to? Hose wasn't on my stick one and I got me a aftermarket spectre intake and idk where to run air hose

deathwobble 02-20-2013 12:48 AM

There is a oval hole on the inside of the passenger side fender( inside the engine bay) thats what the stock intake connects to. Or are you asking about the breather tube?

KMoor91 02-22-2013 04:30 PM

Breather tube...I already have aftermarket air intake on

KTM11 02-22-2013 07:57 PM

I think your talking about the PCV breather on the passenger side valve cover. There should be a hose that runs from that little elbow piece on the valve cover up to your spectre intake. If your spectre doesn't have one you can pull the PCV valve off and put a small air breather on it. just bypass the hose system

ccd1977 03-20-2013 09:06 AM

Whatever you do, use the breathing tube and not the PCV valve tube and donot replace the PCV valve. I have a 2000 Dodge Ram and the PCV valve is on the drivers side and the breathing tube in on the passenger side. Both look almost identical until you remove the elbow. If it has a little BB looking thing inside it, that is the PCV. I am making note of this because there were certain years the breather tube and the PCV were switched. Just check before you hook the breathing tube up to your CAI or Air Cleaner.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
= Copyright a Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger