DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2012 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Uconnect misunderstands sign language... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=134231)

Raptor 02-21-2013 12:02 AM

Uconnect misunderstands sign language...

Not really.

I am speaking to Uconnect exactly like I'm supposed to. The thing is, it's working just fine until I ask the phone to dial a number from my contacts. Then it confuses my contacts and tries to dial the vet when I want to call my wife to ask her to pick up a case of beer on the way home. (As if!) Or vise versa, not that my vet would buy me a case of suds, buy you get the idea.

So, anybody have this little glitch happening? Is it in my phone, which happens to be an Android, or is there an adjustment I can make to the system. I scrubbed the data and ran through 'set-up' once again, paired the device and downloaded the contact list, but that didn't help.

Any suggestions?

KA1OTE 02-21-2013 02:38 AM

:LOL: @ your thread title and vet buying you beer!

Okay, yes.. my phone (an android as well) and my UConnect system have not played nice every day. On the few occasions of this happening (same exact scenario as you described - mixing up contacts and calling a friend instead of my husband to let him expect something special for dessert that night :sexe:) what has worked for me was un-pairing my phone, turning the rig back on, and re-pairing through the touch screen. I've had to do this about three times in the last four months since I bought it. A little annoying but curable with a two minute fix. Hope this helps!

P.S. I'm a vet who would buy you a beer if you lived closer! (For what it's worth :smileup:)

GTyankee 02-21-2013 03:18 AM

Sometimes you have to do some voice training with the radio
also the book says to use last names with some contacts

with my radio before i did the voice training thing, my radio would get 2 of my contacts mixed up, sometimes i would call contact Perry & the Uconnect would ask if i wanted to call Randy
It is partially the placement of the microphone in the mirror, but voice training & speaking towards the rear view mirror helped

xsdbs 02-21-2013 10:56 AM

Just curious about a couple things:
1) Which radio do you have?
2) When you are trying to call from your contact list, what is the command that you are using?

As an EX:
A) If I wanted to call my wife, the command should be "call Kala...."
B) If I know the number and want to use digit dialing instead, then the command would be "dial 7146507222" (no that's not my real #).

If you say "dial Kala...." Uconnect may respond with "calling 884..) or if I said "dial Charlie" Uconnect may respond back with "calling Towing assistance"

TVL 02-21-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor (Post 1018223)
Not really.

I am speaking to Uconnect exactly like I'm supposed to. The thing is, it's working just fine until I ask the phone to dial a number from my contacts. Then it confuses my contacts and tries to dial the vet when I want to call my wife to ask her to pick up a case of beer on the way home. (As if!) Or vise versa, not that my vet would buy me a case of suds, buy you get the idea.

So, anybody have this little glitch happening? Is it in my phone, which happens to be an Android, or is there an adjustment I can make to the system. I scrubbed the data and ran through 'set-up' once again, paired the device and downloaded the contact list, but that didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Make sure you Canadians don't add "aye" in the sentence!:LOL:
Just sayin...

dankent 02-21-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 1018568)
Just curious about a couple things:
1) Which radio do you have?
2) When you are trying to call from your contact list, what is the command that you are using?

As an EX:
A) If I wanted to call my wife, the command should be "call Kala...."
B) If I know the number and want to use digit dialing instead, then the command would be "dial 7146507222" (no that's not my real #).

If you say "dial Kala...." Uconnect may respond with "calling 884..) or if I said "dial Charlie" Uconnect may respond back with "calling Towing assistance"

Hehe .. i have had this as well. stupid system

GTyankee 02-21-2013 03:07 PM

Howdy XSDBS, its been awhile

Raptor & anyone else, if anyone can help you with your issue with Uconnect it would be xsdbs

He asked about which radio is in your Ram, the choices would be
RHR 730navigation
RHB 430navigation
RBZ 430 non nav
RES 130 with or without uconnect

The 3 letters can be found in the right lower corner of the face of the radio, near the AUX port

================================================== =============================

i have been trying to find out all i can about the 2013 Uconnect/Navigation/multimedia systems
Chrysler is in no rush to inform us or the dealerships
I watched a Harman Kardon representative fumble over the demonstration of the RA3 & RA4 8.4 systems, it was almost comical

Hemiman345 02-21-2013 03:45 PM

I have the same problems but I Blamed it on my Southern Drawl.

GTyankee 02-21-2013 04:35 PM

Around where i live, many street & town names are either Spanglish Mexican slang like Jamacha (pronouced ... Ham a shaw )
or American Indian language, like Kumeyaay Indian Nation or Chemehuevi Indian Tribe .

I don't know where they found the woman whose voice they use, but she may as well be from India, because the voice hangs up on you, when you say something that is not in the pamphlet the woman behind voice uses
:LOL:

Raptor 02-21-2013 04:38 PM

I asked the guys at work if Canadians had an accent. They all said, "no way, eh," so I know that isn't the problem.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll figure out which radio I have and get back to you.

Beer at the vet's office! Now that would sure be a great way to liven up a nail clipping. :)

Tks,

Rap