DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Tonneau cover with FULL bed access. Bak rollx or backflip vp? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=134727)

BoosTT 02-26-2013 09:07 PM

Tonneau cover with FULL bed access. Bak rollx or backflip vp?

I need damn near full bad access to load my atv in my quad cab. How much bed space does the backflip vp and rollx take up? Looks like the vp in pretty much flush and would work. How flush is the roll up? How many inches of bed space does it waste? Tailgate down is not an option, because I tow too.

Any other suggestions? thanks!!!!

brandonjansen 02-26-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoosTT (Post 1023734)
I need damn near full bad access to load my atv in my quad cab. How much bed space does the backflip vp and rollx take up? Looks like the vp in pretty much flush and would work. How flush is the roll up? How many inches of bed space does it waste? Tailgate down is not an option, because I tow too.

Any other suggestions? thanks!!!!

Check out peragon.com. I had the same issues as you when choosing my tonneau cover and I'm definitely happy with my Peragon. Great way to have a hard tonneau cover that still gives you full bed access when you need it.

dodgert 02-26-2013 09:58 PM

I have the bakflip and love it when all the way up you lose 3'' of bed space

dodgert 02-26-2013 10:00 PM

As far as the peragon my brother had one on his truck 6 months later it started to leak like crazy

My bak flip is 1 year old and not 1 prob

Just giving you more options

knowphish 02-27-2013 01:22 AM

My BAK Flip VP should be here next week!! I can't wait to install it and put all stuff where it belongs!!!!!!!!:smileup:

AJ@AutoAnything.com 02-27-2013 02:55 PM

The VP or the F1 is the way to go, very little bed space is "wasted" in the folded back position. Let me know when you are ready to order, I can get you the best price online plus we price match for up to a year after you order!
AJ

hemipowerv8 02-27-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ@AutoAnything.com (Post 1024391)
The VP or the F1 is the way to go, very little bed space is "wasted" in the folded back position. Let me know when you are ready to order, I can get you the best price online plus we price match for up to a year after you order!
AJ

Also looking at these...VP, Fibermax and F1. Never had a tonneau so not sure how to pick between these or even what features would be important...

ridgerunnerseoinc 02-27-2013 07:04 PM

If U are going to spend that much money (backflip) U might as well spend a little more and get a Diamondback cover and haul your atv on top of it. Check them out.

dodgert 02-27-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ@AutoAnything.com (Post 1024391)
AJ

its 3'' is all you lose

ND RAM 02-27-2013 07:26 PM

Best One Yet!!!!!!!!!!

Check out agricover.com About every pickup brand has one in my area.

They sell for $400 despite their ad.

They seal 100% and can be opened and closed by one person.

You won't be disappointed. :smiley_thumbs_up: