DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Common Problems with 2013 rams (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=134945)

RAM. 02-28-2013 10:56 PM

Common Problems with 2013 rams

Hey I just thought i would share some common problems usually found during PDIs on the 2013 ram 1500s so far
1. hoods on sport models sometimes are not aligned correctly.. this is actually far more common than you would think. usually have to get the trim guy to bend them.
2. The 8.4in screen lags and wont turn on or off.
3. Im sure most of you know but if you have the LED headlights there was a recall on them for the daytime running lights not being programmed. problem fixed using witech resetting customer mode.
4. condensation in headlights.. I have been told its normal
5. sometimes (rarely) the automatic up for windows wont work..
6. The air ride sometimes doesnt work. Still waiting on chrysler to solve this..
Just thought i would share. Im sure you guys will never see these problems but there is always some trucks that get past PDI inspections.. lots of lazy techs..:doh:

merve04 02-28-2013 11:14 PM

1. I thought i noticed something, but doesn't seem like its enough to really tell its out...
2. Since performing the reset its been good. Although one day I lost audio on all sources but it seemed the system got hung up on reading the usb stick and my impatience of pushing buttons didn't help.
3. My LED lights are always on, even when I put it on O and driving, still on.
4. Haven't had that issue.
5. Its winter, haven't used windows much, but thus far went up auto when I tried.
6. Air suspension has been flawless.

Ford Apostate 03-01-2013 07:18 AM

Where are you hearing about air suspension problems? I have not heard of a single one other than some people not being able to order them.

gusman 03-01-2013 07:27 AM

my 8.4an lags like a sonuvab!tch... even the reverse camera freezes for a millisecond or two every second or two, kinda patchy

HorseMan 03-01-2013 10:31 AM

I'm curious on air suspension issues as well...any more details? What's the word on all the radio problems?

Sblann 03-01-2013 10:44 AM

700 miles so far only issue is the vibration or buzzing feeling in steering wheel and gas petal at 2000 rpms. And gas milage is terrible but I knew that before buying truck. everything else so far is working

Kylekillerk 03-03-2013 09:18 AM

Air suspension problem

Hey my Laramie hasn't had any of the other issues except some with the air suspension-

Biggest problem is when in entry mode and driving out of a parking lot the drivers tire rubs the inner fender pretty bad, they have replaced the inner fender and same issue- as I live in northern Ontario I'm worried of ice building up and breaking something but the shop seems to be out of ideas already.

Other issue is very occasional the system says "to hot wait for it to cool" now seeing as its been -30 each time that's happened not sure how its to hot lol..

Ford Apostate 03-03-2013 10:08 AM

Does the tire rub in entry mode when you're going straight or only when you're turning?

Kylekillerk 03-03-2013 10:13 AM

Tire rub

Only while turning, when in normal mode if I'm turning left and hit any bumps it rubs as well- but not to bad just enough to once and a while hear it.

Entry mode sounds like your dragging something around lol

RamTech 03-03-2013 10:14 AM

Since when is condensation in the lights normal, let alone acceptable?