DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Stock Muffler Length? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=135192)

rango88 03-03-2013 06:03 PM

Stock Muffler Length?
 
Looking at aftermaket mufflers but I want to keep the new muffler as close to factory length as possible. Whats the Length of the Muffler? 13"? 19"? Just curious as it will narrow down my search.

I have the factory installed Dual exhaust out the back

3"In/ 2.25" Dual outs I think

Jayincali 03-03-2013 06:16 PM

FKN HUGE!!!! I can't remember, but probably about 3' in length. I doubt you'll find an after market muffler that is the same length as a stock waterheater muffler. You still have the factory muffler installed? Throw a tape measure on it real quick.

rango88 03-03-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayincali (Post 1028476)
FKN HUGE!!!! I can't remember, but probably about 3' in length. I doubt you'll find an after market muffler that is the same length as a stock waterheater muffler. You still have the factory muffler installed? Throw a tape measure on it real quick.


After Reading the MDS Drone Issues with aftermarket mufflers, I might just pass and keep it stock :(

A tuner is out of my budget.

lbram81 03-03-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayincali (Post 1028476)
FKN HUGE!!!! I can't remember, but probably about 3' in length. I doubt you'll find an after market muffler that is the same length as a stock waterheater muffler. You still have the factory muffler installed? Throw a tape measure on it real quick.



Yea when I was getting prices on a new muffler the price included adding to the pipes to make up the difference.

rango88 03-03-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbram81 (Post 1028483)
Yea when I was getting prices on a new muffler the price included adding to the pipes to make up the difference.

Good to Know since I was looknig at one from flowmaster that was 13" long and one from magnaflow that was 19". I guess neither is long enough.

jbc8000 03-03-2013 08:59 PM

I put on a flowmaster on mine, had to add If I remember correctly around a 16" piece. Left all the other factory pipes stockl That way I could always just swap the stock one right back in. As far as drone goes, I always just run in tow/haul.

rango88 03-04-2013 07:42 AM

Is there a muffler that does not add drone with the MDS. I know I could always just leave the Tranny in fifth gear so MDS doesnt kick in but I`d like a muffler thats suitable for all purposes.

Since we already determined that I am going to have to add to the lack of length of the stock muffler, now the questions is the best muffler for MDS

Shield 03-04-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rango88 (Post 1028965)
Is there a muffler that does not add drone with the MDS. I know I could always just leave the Tranny in fifth gear so MDS doesnt kick in but I`d like a muffler thats suitable for all purposes.

Since we already determined that I am going to have to add to the lack of length of the stock muffler, now the questions is the best muffler for MDS

Subscribed for the responses.

mineralram 03-04-2013 05:38 PM

I have a solo performance Mach 40 on my truck and i get zero drone, They have a kit already built and ready to go.

westxsrt10 03-04-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rango88 (Post 1028965)
Is there a muffler that does not add drone with the MDS. I know I could always just leave the Tranny in fifth gear so MDS doesnt kick in but I`d like a muffler thats suitable for all purposes.

Since we already determined that I am going to have to add to the lack of length of the stock muffler, now the questions is the best muffler for MDS

Corsa RSC (no drone for the 5.7 Hemi) After installing 3 other brands this one works.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger