DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   I hate my WASHING MACHINE!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=135211)

ShawnC13 03-03-2013 08:30 PM

I hate my WASHING MACHINE!!
 
So it actually has been a great machine we have had it for 7 years and with 6 kids it does a LOT of laundry every day but this weekend I wanted to throw it out in the front yard and shoot it.

I get a call at work on Friday from my wife telling me she can here a rock caught between the drum and and the outer shell so she stops the laundry. I am thinking great another repair bill when will all the unexpected expenses stop. Well no repair bill as I was able to strip the washer down and was lucky to get it out!!
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...75208832_n.jpg

So all is good on Saturday get the regular laundry done and then Sunday arrives with 2 error codes one for the pump drive error and another to do with the pump as well. Now I am thinking I did the pump a year ago what is going on now. Of course the machine is full of water and the drain at the bottom is low to the ground so to get something under it to catch the water was a bit of a pain. Of course the drain cap comes all the way off and won't thread back on so now I am getting water everywhere. Anyways after cleaning up the water taking the pump out and taking it apart this is what I find.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...87095493_n.jpg


Anyways washer is back together and catching up on laundry including the extra load of towels I created mopping up the mess!! Final Score Washing Machine 0 *with 2 Great attempts* ShawnC13 2!!!!!!!

I hope I don't have to go for the Hat Trick!!

Stump3r 03-03-2013 08:32 PM

Next time I need appliance fixed somebody is going on a road trip :D

RansRAM 03-03-2013 08:37 PM

Great job fixing it all up, the money you saved on a repair bill can go towards another mod !!!

ShawnC13 03-03-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RansRAM (Post 1028607)
Great job fixing it all up, the money you saved on a repair bill can go towards another mod !!!

I wish we just had to get a new mattress for the bed. Now that they have eliminated the penny I can't even save those anymore :LOL:!!!!! I dream of a day being able to do some mods!!

ShawnC13 03-03-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stump3r (Post 1028604)
Next time I need appliance fixed somebody is going on a road trip :D

I will only charge you $45 an hour and billing starts from when I leave my house to when I get home!

RansRAM 03-03-2013 08:46 PM

^^^^ Where there's a will there's a way, :thk: I know, start saving nickels instead, they add up a lot faster. :smileup:

ShawnC13 03-03-2013 08:59 PM

^^ So true. Tax return coming hoping and hoping is a key word to order a Y Pipe and some Bilsteins. I think the Y for sure as they are pretty cheap and that will help the Hemi a bit also might try a DIY CAI been doing some research so might give it a shot.

RansRAM 03-03-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnC13 (Post 1028639)
^^ So true. Tax return coming hoping and hoping is a key word to order a Y Pipe and some Bilsteins. I think the Y for sure as they are pretty cheap and that will help the Hemi a bit also might try a DIY CAI been doing some research so might give it a shot.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the bilsteins to level my front end in the very near future. Want to do the install myself. :smileup:

wolfman01 03-04-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnC13 (Post 1028603)
So it actually has been a great machine we have had it for 7 years and with 6 kids it does a LOT of laundry every day but this weekend I wanted to throw it out in the front yard and shoot it.

I get a call at work on Friday from my wife telling me she can here a rock caught between the drum and and the outer shell so she stops the laundry. I am thinking great another repair bill when will all the unexpected expenses stop. Well no repair bill as I was able to strip the washer down and was lucky to get it out!!
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...75208832_n.jpg

So all is good on Saturday get the regular laundry done and then Sunday arrives with 2 error codes one for the pump drive error and another to do with the pump as well. Now I am thinking I did the pump a year ago what is going on now. Of course the machine is full of water and the drain at the bottom is low to the ground so to get something under it to catch the water was a bit of a pain. Of course the drain cap comes all the way off and won't thread back on so now I am getting water everywhere. Anyways after cleaning up the water taking the pump out and taking it apart this is what I find.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...87095493_n.jpg


Anyways washer is back together and catching up on laundry including the extra load of towels I created mopping up the mess!! Final Score Washing Machine 0 *with 2 Great attempts* ShawnC13 2!!!!!!!

I hope I don't have to go for the Hat Trick!!

Nice. If you REALLY like putzing around with your washer. Get a Great Dane. My washer's filter has clogged twice since I brought him home.

ShawnC13 03-04-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfman01 (Post 1029155)
Nice. If you REALLY like putzing around with your washer. Get a Great Dane. My washer's filter has clogged twice since I brought him home.

LOL I would love to get a dog and a great Dane would be awesome but not the clogged washer part


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger