DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   From QUAD to Projector Headlights (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=135226)

walterwolchuk 03-03-2013 11:29 PM

From QUAD to Projector Headlights

Hi looking at changing my Quad stock headlights to projector headlights (halos) is this a simple plug and play option. Or do I have to rewire anything? Or my second option would be just changing my QUAD's to NON Quad smoked headlights and just changing the bulbs is this a simple plug and play option??? thanks for the help

CdnoilRAM 03-04-2013 01:10 AM

It would depend on the projectors you buy, some will be plug and play, but if you want halos, then there's typically some extra wiring involved. You can look at the aftermarket for the projectors unless you want to spend twice the money and do a '13 swap.

1500ram12 03-04-2013 06:01 AM

be careful on some of the aftermarket lights. A lot of people are having condensation issues

Medic860 03-04-2013 07:38 AM

I went with a set of Spider lights with led halos. They are better then stock and alot better with HID lights. I havent pulled the trigger on those yet though. You dont want to go with the smoked duals because in my opinion you will be downgrading to a worse headlight set up. I almost bought a set of smoked duals here locally, but the output of the stock duals left alot to be desired. I probably spent close to 200 dollars in bulbs tring diffrent ones for brighter light. There are a lot of threads on here just on headlights and bulbs and HID setups. At least you are one step up in lighting performance with you quads. Hope this helps.

Asur 03-04-2013 08:45 AM

I build my own set with Morimoto D2S projectors, as CDnoilRam said, there are some stuff you need to wire up, tape into and setup. Also will you use regular Halogen bulbs or use HID, and your turn signal, LED's or regular Bulbs, all these changes come with some setup or wiring you will need to do. You should check with Retro shop, he might be able to set u up with something thats more plug and play than other kits. Least if you have issues or don't know what to do with something you can contact them for assistance if you have them make you a set.

Ramona2012 04-16-2013 10:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
What are the differences between the headlights in the red truck (2012 Laramie) and the blue truck (2012 Express)? Which is considered the quad headlight, projector headlight, etc.? Are there any plug-n-play mods available for the headlights with the red truck? Thank you.

RamBiker11 04-16-2013 10:42 AM

Red truck has Quad, blue truck has dual

Ezekielguy86 04-16-2013 03:04 PM

Red truck has quad headlights which has separate bulbs for the high and lows.

Blue truck has is a dual setup which runs a H13 bulb that does both the high and low beam. " which mean you could not run low and high beam at the same time"

SK-Ram 04-16-2013 03:16 PM

There are so many aftermarket options for dual headlights vs quads.

If you have quad headlights are aftermarket dual projectors a direct replacement?

Asur 04-16-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WPG-RAM (Post 1071438)
There are so many aftermarket options for dual headlights vs quads.

If you have quad headlights are aftermarket dual projectors a direct replacement?

nope, your going from a Quad which is a dual bulb (1 x bulb for high, 1 x bulb for low) to a Dual which is single bulb for both high and lows. But that being said, its not like you can make it fit. You just need to tap into the wiring for what you need, usually if your going projectors your going HID as well, HID with a wire harness can uncomplicate a lot of wiring.