DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Pinion Nut Recall (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=135365)

cueist 03-05-2013 12:42 PM

Pinion Nut Recall

I saw a Google thread while looking fro something else last night that state there was an upcoming recall any day for potentially serious failure if pinion nut backs out. Looks to me like maybe no loctite on threads? Article stated if you own a Ram in 2009-2010, pursue getting this corrected immediately to prevent potential dangerous results.

Anyone hear of this and the status? Two local dealerships here I called this morning stating they "heard something about that" but nothing on their computer and I have to wait for an official notice to come in.

I'm pulling the family camper this weekend and now got this in my mind and thoughts of ending up in the ditch...

gonefishin776 03-05-2013 12:56 PM

ohh man, this is old news. There are a plethora of threads with many many posts in them on this VERY subject. do a quick search here on the forum, and I think they even have links in them where you can search to see if your truck falls into the recall.

cueist 03-05-2013 01:08 PM

Doh! Just found a post. Sorry for the dupe, I missed it. I need to try another dealer or guess wait for the nut retainer part to be distributed to them before I can do anything.

Thanks for the reply.

gonefishin776 03-05-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cueist (Post 1030280)
Doh! Just found a post. Sorry for the dupe, I missed it. I need to try another dealer or guess wait for the nut retainer part to be distributed to them before I can do anything.

Thanks for the reply.

No problem bud. This forum is quite extensive. I just didn't want you to be bummed if you didn't get many replies to your thread because this topic has pretty much been beaten to death.

eltoro2 04-19-2013 01:30 PM

first I have heard of it . is it all 09/s going in for a oil change so will ask dealer of coarse my dealer will say never heard of this .

Studbuster 04-19-2013 08:25 PM

Got my Recall postcard today, they will send a second notice when parts are available. THEN I am to call dealer.

RadioFlyer 04-20-2013 12:02 AM

And the same dealer who fixes your pinion nut will tell the next customer in line he's never heard of it till now and will repeat this over and over till the very last recall comes in.

IrishRedneck86 04-21-2013 02:28 AM

Yeah I just got my lovely postcard on this today and Im gonna check with my dealer on monday to see if they might know more as it seems they try to stay ontop of things as best they can.
I do have to say I just got back from a really hard 1600mile roadtrip last week and no signs of trouble yet but who knows.

Judgedredd 04-23-2013 10:17 AM

Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Had my rear end re-built with a truetrac and 4.10's 2 weeks prior so im already good to go.

snrusnak 04-23-2013 10:28 AM

I got it too. 1 day before a 1,400 mile trip pulling a trailer. I wasn't skeered.....just got home sunday, no issues... The truck has 75,000 miles on it, if it was going to fail I would have thought it would have happened by now. But I will take it in and get it fixed when they can do it.