DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (
-   -   Tailgate question (

EWC88 03-06-2013 09:54 AM

Tailgate question
I have no idea what it is called so your going go off description. I like how some truck have that black (I believe plastic) strip on their tailgate that hangs over a little bit. I'm taking its factory, but what is it called and anyone know of sites who sell them cheaper but good quality then the stealership?

ShawnC13 03-06-2013 10:12 AM

I heard of them being called a protector or spoiler. I haven't looked into buying one as I have one but it is cracked so maybe I should be looking to get a new one :LOL:
Did a quick check saw one on ebay for $98 not sure what the dealers are charging.

HemiLonestar 03-06-2013 04:57 PM


Untamed 03-06-2013 05:22 PM

Hope this helps.. there are chromes ones from putco and everything.

EWC88 03-06-2013 07:44 PM

HemiLonestar, yes thats what I am talking about

CdnoilRAM 03-06-2013 10:18 PM

They're call tailgate spoilers. You should be able to get them from a junk yard for cheap if it's from a damaged tailgate. eBay or a body shop should be cheaper than the dealership.

HemiLonestar 03-07-2013 08:06 PM

You can also get it as a kit from Mopar (if they haven't discontinued it). If they have, all the pieces you need are in the parts manual. I got the spoiler itself for cheap and just ordered the fasteners.

starquestbd22 03-08-2013 07:22 AM

They are hard to find used online and best I can tell there are no aftermarket pieces that have the same "spolier" look as the OEM piece. I just bought one from a forumz member and am going to do an install how-to. Or try to anyway, lol. It might turn into a how-to %(^# up your tailgate.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
= Copyright a Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger