DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   3" leveling kit (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=135568)

Empire24 03-07-2013 01:34 PM

3" leveling kit

I know i've seen a bunch of forums on this topic already. But I wanna hear from people that have put in 2-3" leveling kits.

1)How does it ride after? they all claim to retain factory ride quality, do they?

2)Is there any issues/concerns with the lift when it comes to the rear shocks? (I've only ever lowered cars, so this is a new game to me)

3)I'm reading about axle angles and ball joint concerns? my axles have a lot of angle to go before i see a concern, am i wrong?

This is purely for looks, the truck is not being used for any off roading, just commuting and pulling around my ATV. So a 4-6" lift for $1500 is kind of unnecessary. Any advice and PICS is much appreciated

Thanks

brandonjansen 03-07-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empire24 (Post 1032201)
I know i've seen a bunch of forums on this topic already. But I wanna hear from people that have put in 2-3" leveling kits.

1)How does it ride after? they all claim to retain factory ride quality, do they?

2)Is there any issues/concerns with the lift when it comes to the rear shocks? (I've only ever lowered cars, so this is a new game to me)

3)I'm reading about axle angles and ball joint concerns? my axles have a lot of angle to go before i see a concern, am i wrong?

This is purely for looks, the truck is not being used for any off roading, just commuting and pulling around my ATV. So a 4-6" lift for $1500 is kind of unnecessary. Any advice and PICS is much appreciated

Thanks

I put the 2.5" HBS leveling kit on my truck a week after I bought it. Haven't had any problems with it and it rides just as good as factory. I did end up putting 0.75" rear coil spacers on though just to give it a little bit of rake.

If you're only leveling, rear shocks shouldn't be a concern....

Like I said, I haven't had any problems with CV shaft vibration or anything like that. I know some people have, but it isn't very common. Yes, it might be a little bit harder on the front suspension (very minimal), but it's worth it for how much better your truck will look.

I recommend getting the Bilstein 5100 adjustable front struts. Definitely the way to go! Provides you with different height options and gives you better struts than stock. Plus you can always use them if you decide to lift the truck later on down the road to gain even more lift.

hyperlund 03-07-2013 01:55 PM

I installed th RC 1 1/4" body lift with 2 1/2" leveling kit. Did not feel any difference in ride quality, alignment shop was able to get front end back to factory spec's. Rear shocks had plenty of travel for the amount the rear coil spacers raised the suspension. Front axle shafts have more angle than stock but is not extreme. I have no wobble in 4wd going slow or fast. Only regret was installing body lift. It was a lot of work for 1 1/4" lift but looks nice now that its done.

Empire24 03-07-2013 02:01 PM

Hyperlund did you just use the spacer style lift kit? instead of the bilsteins many recommend. I dont plan on a body lift, at least for a while haha but I'm just looking for a good, cheap suspension lift. Im a tech so doing the work and alignment etc isnt an issue. i just dont wanna run into concerns half way through.

Untamed 03-07-2013 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the exact same setup as Hyperlund. The body lift was a bit of work for that extra 1.25" but every little bit helps.

Can't beat the price. Most lift for the your buck.

picture.

Empire24 03-07-2013 02:19 PM

what suspension lift is that? 3" front 2" rear?

Untamed 03-07-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empire24 (Post 1032236)
what suspension lift is that? 3" front 2" rear?

Rough Country combo lift. 2.5" levelling kit + 1.25" body lift. As Hyperlund said.

The levelling kit comes with 2.5" front strut spacers and 1.5" rear coil spacers. So you're actually bringing the whole truck up a bit.

Bordin 03-07-2013 02:40 PM

2" HBS Leveling Kit & RCX 1.25" Body Lift running 35s
She sits perfect for me now, not to high but nice and aggresive

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...39394504_o.jpg

brandonjansen 03-07-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bordin (Post 1032256)
2" HBS Leveling Kit & RCX 1.25" Body Lift running 35s
She sits perfect for me now, not to high but nice and aggresive

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...39394504_o.jpg

Bordin, what tires to you have on there?

Empire24 03-07-2013 03:03 PM

wow. untamed and bordin you guys got some nice looking trucks. I was looking at a 3" frt and 2" rr leveling kit. could always go do a body lift later if i want more right? I just want an aggressive stance like Bordin's there. maybe offset the wheels a 1/4" a side or something. Just wanted to be sure guys have done leveling kits on these 4th gens and they work well.