DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   S&b cai (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=135675)

HeMi BosS 03-08-2013 05:20 PM

S&b cai

truck-- 13 ram sport hemii

im thinking of getting a s&b Cai, whats the benefits of getting a cai..

also is there a tuner to get for my truck or is there no point to get a tuner and jus intake. thanks for help

brandonjansen 03-08-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeMi BosS (Post 1033250)
truck-- 13 ram sport hemii

im thinking of getting a s&b Cai, whats the benefits of getting a cai..

also is there a tuner to get for my truck or is there no point to get a tuner and jus intake. thanks for help

The S&B intake is a great option. Probably the one I would have gone with if I had a hemi. I love the fact that there's the optional scoop to put on the bottom of the intake. If you're looking for max HP and torque gains the Vararam is the way to go.

There aren't any tuners out for the '13's yet. I wouldn't expect them for at least a couple months if not longer.

HeMi BosS 03-08-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1033255)
The S&B intake is a great option. Probably the one I would have gone with if I had a hemi. I love the fact that there's the optional scoop to put on the bottom of the intake. If you're looking for max HP and torque gains the Vararam is the way to go.

There aren't any tuners out for the '13's yet. I wouldn't expect them for at least a couple months if not longer.

would i scoop for snb look good on the truck ? and i was looking at the vararam but i kinda dont like the look its huge but i heard it gives more hp/torque so thats pretty sweet

brandonjansen 03-08-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeMi BosS (Post 1033284)
would i scoop for snb look good on the truck ? and i was looking at the vararam but i kinda dont like the look its huge but i heard it gives more hp/torque so thats pretty sweet

The scoop attaches to the bottom of the intake box and goes down to right behind the front bumper. You won't even see it. It just allows more air to get to the box rather than just using the stock hole on the side of the inner fender.

It's true, the Vararam is huge... but if you're looking for HP and torque no other intake will come close to matching it.

s1000rrhp 03-08-2013 09:01 PM

I put an Airaid on my 2013 find it works great performance wise. Use the 2012 model works on 2013
The vara ram is nice to. Just don't like the look.

Canadian Hemi Pride 03-08-2013 09:10 PM

S&B is a great intake.. I just installed mine few days ago on my 08.. and I cant keep my foot light on the pedal.

s1000rrhp 03-08-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride (Post 1033447)
S&B is a great intake.. I just installed mine few days ago on my 08.. and I cant keep my foot light on the pedal.

We should race... :-)

Canadian Hemi Pride 03-08-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1000rrhp (Post 1033450)
We should race... :-)

As long as you drive to Ontario XD.

and currently my truck is undriveable... Have all the tails off while the tint drys and installing white LED's behind the grill...

So I will see you in Hamilton? :P

Ram725 03-08-2013 09:33 PM

S&B is a great product. I absolutely love mine.

I have always been a big proponent of enclosed intakes.

Pros with any CAI is more airflow to the motor. However, don't expect crazy mpg or performance gains from ANY CAI. No CAI will do anything crazy. But I do feel that every truck should have one. I have always had some sort of CAI on my trucks. They look great and do help.

My number two option for an intake is Vararam. Their intakes will probably give you more performance gains but I just didn't trust them off road. But they are great intakes.

Tuners will do more than an intake will. But I don't personally run one because of the risk with warranty. It is the only thing my dealer said will void my warranty. But they do a lot to wake these trucks up. I am not sure if one is out yet for the 13s. But Diablo and Bullydog both have good products for these trucks.

If it was me run a CAI and exhaust to free up your motor some and then when a tuner is available get it. A tuner will work much better with the CAI and exhaust in place.

Good luck and if you have any other questions let us know. In my sig there is a link to my S&B if you want to see pics etc. It is custom painted, they come black, just so you know

s1000rrhp 03-09-2013 11:40 AM

Oh I must... All an s&b intake is....
Under the hood ornament. It's like a stock intake with a piece of plastic over it. They don't even put a good filter on the end of it. So I don't understand why one would buy one.
Oh Doyle rulz :-)