DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Remote start FRUSTRATION (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=135693)

dalei989 03-08-2013 08:37 PM

Remote start FRUSTRATION

Purchased my 2013 sport three weeks ago, deal was done only if I received factory remote start. Dealer said was a plug and play option. They had my truck all day today and are now telling me that it is not a plug and play option and if I want remote start it will be aftermarket. Does anyone know if this is in fact true? thanks

brandonjansen 03-08-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalei989 (Post 1033412)
Purchased my 2013 sport three weeks ago, deal was done only if I received factory remote start. Dealer said was a plug and play option. They had my truck all day today and are now telling me that it is not a plug and play option and if I want remote start it will be aftermarket. Does anyone know if this is in fact true? thanks

It is a plug and play option. The install is super easy. The average truck owner could do it. The only thing it has to go to the dealer for is to get the sales code added to your truck otherwise it won't work. The only reason I can think of it not working is if they aren't adding that sales code properly.

Zixxer 03-08-2013 08:58 PM

Yep, agree with above. It's sold as a plug in kit to the existing harness with a requirement to update the computer as stated above. I did it on our 2012 Durango...not sure why it didn't come with it but literally while we waited, they pulled the kit, I saw the tech install it...about 45 minutes later they were washing it for final inspection.

kengelinas 03-09-2013 12:31 AM

worse case you can install a idata module and hit your lock button three times to start the truck,

deathwarden5 03-09-2013 06:55 PM

idatalink does not support 2013 yet.

dalei989 03-10-2013 04:37 PM

My sport has the push button start, the plug and play kit that the dealer bought in was key style. Do the factory remote start sports have the push button start as well? Not sure how to find out what remote kit the dealer needs to order. Or how I should proceed. thanks

gto90 03-10-2013 04:43 PM

I have a 13 sport with push button start and remote start. Seems the dealers all
have a LOT of training to do on these trucks.

dalei989 03-10-2013 04:56 PM

Yeah, thats for sure, thanks for the info.

dave6558 03-10-2013 09:55 PM

i could use a little clarification on this. I too have a 13 (slt pentastar 8 speed) with key type ignition. i was told it cannot be added as of yet and that there are no aftermarket solutions yet ( I have confirmed the not aftermarket part ----there will be but not yet.) but if the original can be installed on a 13, can someone point to a document or some other source that says it is so ----so that i can go to the dealer and get it done?

dalei989 03-11-2013 05:27 PM

Checked with a second dealer, remote start for at least my truck is not a plug and play, if your vehicle has some code GXT OR GX4, there is not a remote start kit available at this time. I checked with 4 different aftermarket remote start companys and none have a solution for the 2013 Ram yet. So do I give my truck back for one with that option or wait for a solution down the road? In a dilemma :(