DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Inquiry about Dave Smith Motors, Kellog ID (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=136132)

TigerPaw 03-13-2013 12:36 PM

Inquiry about Dave Smith Motors, Kellog ID

Wanted to ask some questions about Dave Smith Motors in Kellog, ID. My brother in law has been in the market for a new RAM and came across this place on the internet. It is listed as the biggest RAM dealership in the country. I was just wondering if any on here have done business with these people and please elaborate on your experience. I will pass all information along to him so he can make an informed decision, whether he should buy local (Dallas TX) or make the effort to deal with them. He seems to have the impression that they can offer him a great deal. Looking for any and all input, positive or negative.
Thanks in advance.:smileup:

crabjoe 03-13-2013 02:00 PM

There's lots of guys do seem to do business with them because they're will to give you Invoice + holdback + all available rebates. They make their money on the backend ... bonus for hitting their numbers.

I've never heard anything bad about them, and I even inquired with them, before I ordered my truck. In the end, I went with a local dealer. They can only go so low and once you figure in the time and costs, to pickup your truck, the numbers just don't work ... If you have to travel any distance...

seanbeckaroo 03-13-2013 02:25 PM

I used to live in Spokane WA, drove by it a few times when going to Idaho. It's really in the middle of nowhere! Like crabjoe says, I've never heard anything bad about them, huge lot, lots of business.

Stormracer 03-13-2013 10:21 PM

My co-worker has dealt with them on 2 occasions and he dealt over the phone for trade values etc. They have always kept to their word in regards to numbers and what they said they would do. He said he would not deal with anyone else. We have a big dealer here in town, large in the west with lots of vehicles and they could not (would not) come close to Dave's deals or numbers and flat out honesty.

S.C. Express 03-14-2013 02:21 AM

Dealers don't get big without treating people right.

GTyankee 03-14-2013 03:28 AM

I usually check out what customers say about a dealership
the site is called DealerRater, you will get both good & bad reviews & why they rated them the way they did
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Da...-review-15924/

Using any dealerships online service is the best way to go, the showroom sales people are avoided & you get the lowest price & you can still do everything that you could do if you were to go to show room
pick color, cab style, & options, all online or on the phone or fax & you can still do the test drive, you just pay less & without the hassle

K9ENDY 03-14-2013 07:14 AM

People from over here go over there to get their vehicles often. I am told that if you strike a deal before you go that they will pay your airfare into Spokane (only about $89 anyway) and pick you up at the airport. You then go sign your papers and drive back across the mountains in your new rig.

TigerPaw 03-14-2013 01:18 PM

Thanks for the info

Gonna pass all this along to brother in law. Have told him to join forum, but he always says too busy. Thanks again for info, also sorry for original posting in wrong place. My mistake. Will check back time to time to see if any others have left replies.:smileup:

pruitt146 04-01-2013 09:43 PM

I would not touch this place with a 10ft pole. Just wrote a review under the bad dealership sticky. May just be the salesman I got on the phone with but damn they seem to have their heads up butts at this dealership.