DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Ram had a bad day... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=136252)

eight-bit 03-14-2013 06:26 PM

The Ram had a bad day...

This is kind of a horror and success story all rolled into one...

Let me precede this with the fact that I absolutely love my truck, and anyone who means it any harm is in imminent danger (I'm sure I'm not alone on that one here).

So I had to leave work to go ship something this afternoon. I find a nice parking space with two open spots on either side. I don't think I was in there any longer than five minutes.

I come out, hop in the truck and see a shopping cart right off my passenger side front corner, didn't really think anything of it. As I start to back up, I notice the cart move slightly, so the voice in my head screems "WTF! that means it was touching my truck!!!". I hop out and find that the whole corner of the truck was #$%@'ed up, 6" long scratch on the front side of the upper bumper (the body colored part), a whole section probably 9"-10"x3"-4" all rashed up on the corner of the upper bumper, and a nice 3"-4" scratch on the passenger side fender... This wasn't a little bit of wind pushing a cart across the lot, this was some effing toolbag hauling off and throwing the cart at my truck as hard as they could. Needless to say my blood pressure immediately hit stroke territory...

I get back to work and vent a bit before I realize I am just causing a scene in front of a bunch of people who just plain don't even care about cars (I, know right? What kind of people are these?!). The boss lets me take off for a bit to go see my body guy. He ends up looking at it and just saying "yeah, I got this all day", stops working on the '56 Chevy Bel Air he was working on, prep-wet sand-buff-polish, good as new in under 15 minutes. And just as an unexpected bonus he wouldn't even let me pay him (WooHoo!).

So at this point I don't know whether I had a bad day or a good one lol. At least it ended well.

*Prediction of first reply: tl;dr :) lol

06PowerWagon 03-14-2013 08:37 PM

:pop::eek::beerchug::ura1::999::w00t::w00t:

Very good ... that's awesome that you didn't get charged and Im sorry it got scratched up ... trust me I would be flipping out too ... I love my Power Wagon .. even though the off roading kinda >.< dinged up the graphics alittle... but its ok because I cant get mad at the rocks or dirt...LMAO .. that's okay I was leaving getting food and some idiots in a white blazer were in the right turning lane taking up two lanes ...so I blasted my horn and they got all bent out of shape like it was my fault they were in two lanes and blocking traffic Lmao morons... I love em....
:LOL:

rdsabin 03-15-2013 08:48 AM

I think I would send the shop lunch on you or maybe drop off a bunch of rolls or what not for morning coffee break.

CajunDodge 03-15-2013 09:34 AM

Man that totally sucks but glad the body shop hooked you up! I agree with rdsabin, I'd definitely make a trip by there with some lunch or something!

- Cajun

eight-bit 03-15-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdsabin (Post 1039632)
I think I would send the shop lunch on you or maybe drop off a bunch of rolls or what not for morning coffee break.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunDodge (Post 1039657)
Man that totally sucks but glad the body shop hooked you up! I agree with rdsabin, I'd definitely make a trip by there with some lunch or something!

- Cajun

I think dropping him off a nice crisp $50 will do the trick :)

Chunkem 03-15-2013 03:40 PM

WOW sorry to hear that....That was solid that the body shop hooked you up. Glad that it all worked out.

PaulMys 03-15-2013 07:38 PM

Oh man, I was pissed just reading the first part of that! But happy at the end. Good story, as it ended well.

oldhp 03-17-2013 08:23 PM

I was waiting on the wife at the MALL. It was a very windy day. You should have seen all the shopping carts being blown around. All of the parking lot slanted "away" from the MALL. If you were up close, not bad, parked far away? I can see where you could creamed that day.
Still sucks your truck got messed up.

Gantman 03-17-2013 08:37 PM

eight-bit, glad to hear it buffed out. Unfortunately, it could have been a wind blown cart but on the other hand, it could have been push assisted as well. I have witnessed old men in the Walmart parking lots unload their shopping cart and then do the infamous look around and shove the dog piss out of the cart into a bunch of parked cars across from him. Then they jump into their vehicle and drive off. Sad but true.