DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   diablo intune installed (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=136402)

Hemiman345 03-16-2013 09:48 AM

diablo intune installed

After reading reviews and having a hard time deciding what tuner to buy I visited my local speed shop for expert advice. He had all the major tuners on the shelf and I picked his. Brain as to which one was best. He told me that if I wanted to can tune my truck the best investment was the intune because it was simple to use fit a variety of applications and had excellent support. He also said that if I didn't get the results I was looking for he could dyno and custom tune for me. I bought this tuner yesterday. I was not able to update it when I purchased it he assured me it would be fine to use out of the box but to update asap. Iread the instructions and installed the 87 tune and only turned off the Mds. Night and day difference in the truck. I stopped at the chevron and filled up with 93 and set it back to stock until I got home. I updated to the tuner in about an hour and reinstalled the Diablo tune 93 and test drove. Dadgum it will fly and lay rubber as long as I want too. Drove 50 miles this morning impressed does not even begin to describe my results. I can am willing to bet I will pay for this with fuel savings. Even tho I have only used it one day it is worth the 400 bucks just to disable Mds. There are 5 tunes 93, 91, 87, fuel saver, modified stock and you can add custom tunes.

TheSatinPumpkin 03-16-2013 10:09 AM

Good Deal. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Chris b 03-16-2013 12:24 PM

I would still get the custom tune... jmo

ValleyRacer 03-16-2013 09:29 PM

Photos, video, data........

Can you supply photos, data, video etc. Let's see what you have going on.
Just don't post video of illegal driving on public roads.

Sparrow89 03-18-2013 01:07 PM

i have this tuner also but when i go to update it or buy tunes its doesnt give me any options and it says its already up to date suggestions?

CoachRyan 03-19-2013 02:50 PM

I installed mine the first of the month and have been running the 93 tune. That has been more than enough for me. I love the performance so far. Haven't quite figured out how to turn the MDS off but don't really think it's hindering me all that much. Been tossing around the idea of getting the custom tune from HemiFever. He's got a great tune for the Diablo T1000. Seeing a lot of guys with a great deal of success with killer numbers.

Coach

gage0724 03-19-2013 05:16 PM

Do you have any other mods in addition to the tuner? CAI, exhaust, etc...

Hemiman345 03-19-2013 10:05 PM

To turn off Mds go to install tunes and there should be a selection to adjust the 93 tune and select Mds and set to off. I have 18 magnaflow and will add Cai in few weeks. I changed my tune back to 87 tune tonight. It still has plenty of power and I want to see how the mpg is on 87. I got 18.5 on the 93 tune running it for 5 days.

TORMENTOR 03-19-2013 11:21 PM

I recommend a hemifever tune, really wakes these trucks up. He tunes the transmission as well, changes some shift points, firmer shifts. Well worth the money IMO