DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   After Market Exhaust Question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=136440)

Rockaway RAM 03-16-2013 07:41 PM

After Market Exhaust Question

Looking to upgrade my exhaust and I have a question maybe someone can help me out with. Was considering the full borla exhaust system (around $930 part) and around $150 install. Is it worth overhauling the factory pipes or would it be a waste? Noticed a lot of people are swapping out only the muffler for the aftermarket flowmaster muffler. Does anyone know of the MPG or performance gains from just muffler swap and from full conversion?

Amell 03-16-2013 08:08 PM

I don't think there would be to much gains performance wise but if u upgraded the y/x pipe and the muffler id think would be the most important but I could be wrong

S.C. Express 03-16-2013 10:54 PM

The stock exhaust pipes are good mandrel bent 2.25" pipes after the muffler. Keep them and spend money on other mods. The two restrictions that need to be addressed are the factory Y-pipe and the muffler. I have not noticed any changes to mpg with just a straight thru style muffler installed( Magnaflow design ). I did however notice a slight increase in power from idle to 5800 rpms. My truck will avg. 14-16mpg in town and 17-19 mpg's on the interstate depending on speed. I can get 20 mpg if i drive like grandma...

Danimal77 03-16-2013 11:07 PM

I went with a cat back system on my 2012. Magnaflow 16869. I thought about just a muffler swap, but ended up doing the full system. Glad I did, as it sounds and looks amazing.

Bully's Performance 03-17-2013 12:07 AM

the most gain will be seen by changing the muffler and the y pipe, generally there is no reason to do the entire catbak, I would be more than happy to quote you a muffler and y pipe, or a full cat back whichever you would like, we can almost always match or beat any ones pricing on exhaust set up, once you decide for sure which route you want to go let me know, I would be more than happy to get you the best prices around :)

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

Bully's Performance 03-17-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danimal77 (Post 1041033)
I went with a cat back system on my 2012. Magnaflow 16869. I thought about just a muffler swap, but ended up doing the full system. Glad I did, as it sounds and looks amazing.

anyone interested in this kit let me know, I can get you steal on these right now :smileup:

Thanks
Jeremiah

MikeS54 04-07-2013 12:50 AM

Still have any for a "steal?" Lol. I'm pricing some out. Thanks!

Bully's Performance 04-07-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeS54 (Post 1061770)
Still have any for a "steal?" Lol. I'm pricing some out. Thanks!

Yes we sure do, they are to low to advertise, contact me via one of my contact methods in my signature :)

Thanks
Jeremiah

Jim45498 04-10-2013 12:05 AM

jhinkle..sent an email and haven't heard from you

Sent a PM...

Bully's Performance 04-11-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim45498 (Post 1064739)
jhinkle..sent an email and haven't heard from you

Sent a PM...

I did not receive an email, could you try to send it one more time please

jhinkle@discountautoperformance.com

Thanks
Jeremiah