DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   traded my ram in for a durango for the wife (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=136470)

metterfalcon 03-17-2013 01:09 AM

traded my ram in for a durango for the wife

After the squirrel incident, i went to the dealership and checked on my truck and while i was there i went ahead and traded it in on a 13 durango for my wife. She wanted a bigger ride and had been wanting a new explorer. I never drive my truck except on the weekends when i am home. I had it for a year and two months and only put 8200 miles on it. I figured if i'm gonna have the payment it might as well be on something we can use daily. We have 2 kids and 3 month old so the extra room comes in handy. In the meantime, I'm going to drive her car get it payed off and buy a new ram later on. The things we do for love. lol Happy wife, Happy life! but i have no regrets, its the right thing to do at this time. I can get a new ram in a year or two.

rango88 03-17-2013 01:26 AM

congrats but what are you driving now?

GTyankee 03-17-2013 01:27 AM

You need to keep the Family happy, you can always get a gas guzzler later
By then, who knows, the Ram might get 30 MPG & the kids will be older

Stump3r 03-17-2013 01:50 AM

Nice to see you stayed in the Dodge family though....but PICS!!! Where are the pics of the Durango?

rango88 03-17-2013 02:27 AM

also what engine does this durango have, tell me it's a 6.4L :p

metterfalcon 03-17-2013 07:58 AM

nope. sorry. 6 cly. i have a work truck and i'm gonna drive her malibu when i need it.

dwanton 03-17-2013 09:53 AM

no 5.7 hemi ? I am sure she would love it -- get the kids to school real fast .

my wife loved her durango back in the day -- but I cant get her out of her Yukon Denali. believe me Ive tried .

Gantman 03-17-2013 10:37 AM

Congratulations metterfalcon. I personally like the new looking Durangos. Very sporty, aggressive looking SUV. Oh, just one more thing to say: :worthless:

Astartes 03-17-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metterfalcon (Post 1041147)
After the squirrel incident, i went to the dealership and checked on my truck and while i was there i went ahead and traded it in on a 13 durango for my wife. She wanted a bigger ride and had been wanting a new explorer. I never drive my truck except on the weekends when i am home. I had it for a year and two months and only put 8200 miles on it. I figured if i'm gonna have the payment it might as well be on something we can use daily. We have 2 kids and 3 month old so the extra room comes in handy. In the meantime, I'm going to drive her car get it payed off and buy a new ram later on. The things we do for love. lol Happy wife, Happy life! but i have no regrets, its the right thing to do at this time. I can get a new ram in a year or two.

Aw man.. The ram is huge and plenty of room for a family! My wife and son love mine. I assume yours wasnt a 4 door ?

metterfalcon 03-18-2013 10:26 PM

it was 4 door mega cab. problem was i am never home to drive it and it had 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires on it with 12.5 mpg. My wife didnt like driving it and gas was a killer for her. I learned long ago, happy wife, happy life! lol. And i actually feel better knowing that payment every month is being used instead of sitting in my yard all week while i'm gone.