DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Tonneau Cover Help (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=136836)

Snaggez 03-20-2013 01:35 PM

Tonneau Cover Help

One of the first things I want to get for my new Ram in a soft roll-up tonneau cover, the kind that go to the inside of the bed. I have been looking at all different brands and they all look just about the same, with the locking mechanism being about the only major difference. Anyways I have narrowed it down to two, the cheaper one being about $50 less than the other. There are only two differences between them and they are: The cheaper one has one strap to keep it rolled up, whereas the more expensive one has two. To me that is not a big deal, I can put a second strap on if need be. The other difference is the cheaper one has mill finish auminum rails and the more expensive one has black powdercoated rails. Thats not a big deal to me either, as long as you can not see the rails when the cover is not rolled up.

So my question is: Can you see any part of the rails when the cover is on the bed?

CaddyRam 03-29-2013 02:45 AM

It would help to know which cover you are referring to.

brandonjansen 03-29-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaddyRam (Post 1053139)
It would help to know which cover you are referring to.

+1. And links to both of them would be nice too. Then we can actually give you some good opinions.

RyanJM 04-02-2013 10:06 PM

The double strap is nice if you plan to leave it rolled up and the black rails stand the test of time. I had one on my 09 with 110k. The vinyl was stained but it worked good. It came on the truck so I left it. I would pay a little more for a better one if you plan on keeping it a while. I liked my roll up but, I went to a G2 on my new ram for the security and I know people who have had good luck with them. It's out in the elements so you don't want to go to cheap. Also see how they drain if you want it to keep everything dry that was my main concern on a cover. I will try and find the name on the one I had.

Rob D 06-27-2013 09:03 PM

I have a 2010 ram have a truxedo tonneau lo pro qt on mine you can,t see the rails when rolled out & 2 straps when rolled up it has a life Time warranty on it the vinyl too I love it & it looks great got mine for $430 on line

AF-hemi 06-28-2013 10:54 PM

I have an Access Lorado. Best tonneau I've ever owned.

primo spaghetti 06-28-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob D (Post 1136677)
I have a 2010 ram have a truxedo tonneau lo pro qt on mine you can,t see the rails when rolled out & 2 straps when rolled up it has a life Time warranty on it the vinyl too I love it & it looks great got mine for $430 on line

I have the same cover and love it.

nikeman 07-01-2013 04:17 PM

I got a Tonnopro LoRoll for a great price and its low profile like I believe you are looking for. It has the black bars and black rails. It would take me 20 minutes to install it now that I know how simple it is. For me, I was stuck between the Truxedo Truxport and the LoRoll. I went with the loroll just because it was low profile and a great price! Think I paid $275 shipped for it.

Graygoose 07-01-2013 04:58 PM

I have the Extang Trifecta, love it!