DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Keep Daystar 2" or replace with Bilstein (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=136961)

gofish101 03-21-2013 03:40 PM

Keep Daystar 2" or replace with Bilstein

So as the topic says I am contemplating replacing the Daystar with Bilstaein and need a little feedback. I am very happy with the look currently but do plan on some 4x4 driving soon. So my questions are will the Bilstein be that much superior for off road use to justify the switch and the same for ride quality. The Bilsteins will cost 280.00, my guess on install will be 250.00 and alignment about 100.00 so we'll say between 650.00 to 700.00 out the door Canadian. I don't plan any really heavy 4x4 use just getting to and from fishing holes.
:4-dontknow:

candy08 03-21-2013 03:42 PM

Keep what you got

brandonjansen 03-21-2013 03:45 PM

I'd say keep what you got cause it isn't going to change the look at all and the ride quality difference would be minimal.

As far as the cost of the Bilsteins go, where do you get the quote from? That seems fairly high to me. I'd contact Jeremiah (jhinkle1989) or Andrew (fastNugly) at Discount Auto Performance and see what kind of pricing they can get you. As far as install goes, it honestly is not that hard at all. If you looked at the instructions and a couple threads on this forum explaining it I'm sure you could figure it out no problem. So that would save you around $250.

gofish101 03-21-2013 03:48 PM

It was from Andrew (fastNugly). That was all in shipped to my door.

candy08 03-21-2013 03:54 PM

That must be cad aye?

If he doesnt have the best price he'll beat it.

gofish101 03-21-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candy08 (Post 1045579)
That must be cad aye?

If he doesnt have the best price he'll beat it.

Sure is, so there is the CAD premium. :i_rolleyes:

brandonjansen 03-21-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gofish101 (Post 1045574)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gofish101 (Post 1045594)

Oh okay fair enough. Shipped to your door in Canada that's not so bad. I live in Canada but right on the border so I get all my stuff shipped to a PO box just across the line and then go down and pick it up. Saves quite a bit of money that way. I'm guessing you're somewhere a little more North that doesn't allow you to do that.

fastNugly @ BP 03-23-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gofish101 (Post 1045574)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gofish101 (Post 1045594)

This factors in taxes, duties and brokerage fee's :smileup:
Its actually better than having it shipped across the boarder, driving there and crapping your pants driving through taking a chance on them charging you or not....LOL

But it should not be that much to install them.
But I did not know you had Daystars :4-dontknow:
I would keep what you have..... unless you are deciding to lift later and then the Bilsteins will come in handy now and then as you can pair it with a lift kit unlike your daystar leveling kit

Any questions, let me know

gofish101 03-23-2013 11:16 PM

Thanks for the input. I was more concerned how the daystar was going to be with 4x4 use. Every thing I've read the Bilsteins are much better and whether there was enough difference to justify the swap.
I thought the price was quite reasonable considering it was to the door and no border hassle... traffic and duties.

fastNugly @ BP 03-23-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gofish101 (Post 1047982)
Thanks for the input. I was more concerned how the daystar was going to be with 4x4 use. Every thing I've read the Bilsteins are much better and whether there was enough difference to justify the swap.
I thought the price was quite reasonable considering it was to the door and no border hassle... traffic and duties.

Well the Bilsteins do 2 things for you. Level your truck ands improve your ride vs just a leveling kit like the daystar.
S it all depends on what you want :smileup: