DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   FLORIDA DODGE RAM OWNERS (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Looking for a HEMI mechanic/shop in Central FL (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=137453)

cal45 03-26-2013 01:12 PM

Looking for a HEMI mechanic/shop in Central FL
 
First, let me state that I am no mechanic and just have the basics when it comes to tools. When I start to look into doing mods, I will need a reputable RAM/HEMI shop to do the work as I don't want to use any dealer shops plus I don't think they would install anything not factory - especially when the truck is new and still under warrenty.

Anyone know of a shop here in the Orlando/Central FL region that they can reccommend?

I would love to put in a RIPP SC system as I sold my 03 Corvette that had a ProCharger in it and just loved the performance.

Thanks for any help

S.C. Express 03-28-2013 10:19 PM

Whoever did the vette' should have no problem with your truck and the Ripp S/C. Working on a vette is much harder than a Ram.

cal45 03-29-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.C. Express (Post 1052948)
Whoever did the vette' should have no problem with your truck and the Ripp S/C. Working on a vette is much harder than a Ram.

Well, I haven't asked them yet as they are a Corvette shop, aptly named "Corvette Masters" that only work on Vette's and GM muscle cars. I have never seen any other make there and doubt they would take this on.

S.C. Express 03-30-2013 12:06 AM

Can't hurt to ask. If they like making money and keeping return customers happy, they should do it. Installing the Ripp system does not look hard at all, the intercooler is probably the most labor intesive part. If you can follow instructions and turn a wrench, you should be able to knock it out. The hard part is the tuning and I do believe they offer a good base tune with it. Good luck with it, let us know how it turns out. I used to live down in Sarasota, I know there is a lot of high end cars running around. But I have seen some nasty street trucks, usually diesels. Try hooking up with some of those guys. Maybe they can point you to a good shop.

Userj8670 03-30-2013 12:55 AM

Honestly boss all you really need are metric sockets if I am not mistaken. What i normally do when it comes to doing stuff that I am not the most familiar with is go on youtube and usually there is a video for anything. For example intalling a K&N - there is a video for that so go watch the vid and then do it yourself. Def helps to have it for reference. Goodluck!

S.C. Express 03-30-2013 03:08 AM

^^X2, I'd do the Ripp system myself, one weekend and plenty of beer on hand!

cal45 03-30-2013 10:45 PM

Appreciate the replys but I'm no mechanic and wouldn't even think of attempting this. I have both a limited set of tools and patience :D

When/if I do decide to spend $$ for a supercharger (either a RIPP sys or a Procharger), I may have to go back to my Corvette shop to see if they would take this on. In the mean time, still looking for a reputable HEMI shop in the Orlando/Daytona Beach area that can do minor mods for me.

S.C. Express 03-31-2013 01:17 AM

Post a "Help wanted" ad in our BST forum. I'm sure somebody close to you might take it on if the vette shop let's you down.

InDeepWaterBlue 03-31-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cal45 (Post 1054682)
Appreciate the replys but I'm no mechanic and wouldn't even think of attempting this. I have both a limited set of tools and patience :D

When/if I do decide to spend $$ for a supercharger (either a RIPP sys or a Procharger), I may have to go back to my Corvette shop to see if they would take this on. In the mean time, still looking for a reputable HEMI shop in the Orlando/Daytona Beach area that can do minor mods for me.

Josh at Modern Performance Engineering can help you out. He owns the shop and just installed the RIPP SC on his 12 RCSB :smileup: PM me and I'll give you his info

cal45 03-31-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue (Post 1054809)
Josh at Modern Performance Engineering can help you out. He owns the shop and just installed the RIPP SC on his 12 RCSB :smileup: PM me and I'll give you his info

Thanks for the tip. I believe I found his website here: http://www.modernperformanceengineer...Home_Page.html

I'm sending him an email with some questions via his "contact us" section.

:smileup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger