DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Frustrated (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=138302)

Medic860 04-03-2013 04:50 PM

Frustrated

I found a good deal on some Chrome Clads for my 2012. Emailed the guy back and fourth and settled on a price. I thought $450 was a good deal for the 4 rims. Busted my rear end at work with overtime and other events. Even took out 20 hours of pto time cashed. Finally got a reply to the meet up email, he lives about an hour from me. And he made a deal with someone else. But if it falls through he will let me know. Sorry folks, just needed to rant a little. I guess i will keep looking.................

Canadian Hemi Pride 04-03-2013 07:41 PM

Had that happen with a phone.. blackberry died so I was trying to find a samsung galaxy online on Kijiji (just like craigslist).. Eventually found a guy.. had emails all day.. arranged a time, location, price, everything was perfectly set.. So right before I left I cut my Sim card to the size of a micro-sd so that it will fit, and had the money everything ready.. email the guy that I will be at the tim hortons.. Get there, 20 mins go by and no person.. I brought my laptop and used the wifi inside to check my email... "Oh yea, I just sold the phone, not gonna be coming"... I lost it.. but now I got myself a ghetto old Iphone.. and it was free.. MOD money :LOL:

HemiLonestar 04-03-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic860 (Post 1058571)
I found a good deal on some Chrome Clads for my 2012. Emailed the guy back and fourth and settled on a price. I thought $450 was a good deal for the 4 rims. Busted my rear end at work with overtime and other events. Even took out 20 hours of pto time cashed. Finally got a reply to the meet up email, he lives about an hour from me. And he made a deal with someone else. But if it falls through he will let me know. Sorry folks, just needed to rant a little. I guess i will keep looking.................

Was this a guy up in northern NC? This happened to me last year, agreed to a price and then told me he sold the set of 4th chrome clads to someone local for more $$.

Medic860 04-03-2013 09:07 PM

This guy is down by Jacksonville, Richlands area. He just emailed back and said the deal fell through. Im supposed to meet him tommorow. I will be using my CC permit just incase.

Gantman 04-03-2013 09:19 PM

Medic860, you be careful bud and make sure it is in a well lit, out in the open public kinda place. That kind of price for chrome clads is too good to be true but hey, who knows. Just make sure you keep moving around so as to get glimpses of your entire 360. Stay safe and post some pics.

eight-bit 04-03-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic860 (Post 1058827)
Im supposed to meet him tommorow. I will be using my CC permit just incase.

Pretty sure you just became my favorite member on here lol.

Good luck, hopefully he doesn't require a little high velocity lead therapy :)

cjiahds 04-03-2013 09:20 PM

Medic860

I'm from Raleigh NC. I have a 2012 Laramie with the 20" Chrome Clads. Have less than 5k on these rims.

Send me an email. We may be able to work something out. I'm traveling through Newton next week on my way to Asheville.

Eric

Medic860 04-03-2013 09:26 PM

I will be careful. I will post up what i find out. If it doesnt work out i will contact about the rims in Raleigh. I think it might be a Marine that has these rims, not sure though.

cjiahds 04-03-2013 09:28 PM

10 4. Good Luck. Just let me know. I travel through your area often... wouldn't be a problem to drop off.

Medic860 04-03-2013 09:30 PM

Thanks. I will let you know tommorow for sure.