DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   sway bars (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=138351)

db1 04-03-2013 09:44 PM

sway bars

hello

been looking at new sway bars for my 2010 1500 4x4. i have upgraded my shocks, and now maybe sway bars. hellwig only makes one for the rear, but they do make them for both front and rear for 4x4. ive seen them on line. any help would be great. thanks a lot .

Gecko 04-04-2013 12:14 AM

Check out Addco. Im not sure if they make both front and rear for 4th gens but I know for my 3rd gen they have both as they are sitting in my basement waiting to be put on :LOL:

Gecko 04-04-2013 12:15 AM

Actually, come to think of it, they should make both since there was an article about a 4th gen Ram that had both installed. I'll see if I can find it

HorseMan 04-04-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by db1 (Post 1058890)
hello

been looking at new sway bars for my 2010 1500 4x4. i have upgraded my shocks, and now maybe sway bars. hellwig only makes one for the rear, but they do make them for both front and rear for 4x4. ive seen them on line. any help would be great. thanks a lot .

Hellwig makes a great product, if they are available. Had one on my Ford Super Duty, and so will my Ram 1500...if it ever gets built and shipped.

db1 04-04-2013 10:39 PM

thanks guys. adcco makes front and back with all the new hardware. for some reason hellwig only makes the rear?

Real Estate Man 04-04-2013 10:54 PM

I am looking at the same thing. Hellwig 1 7/16 & 7/8 vs Addco 1 3/8 & 1. After looking as much as I can, it seems that anyone who buys either posts about it before and during the purchase, but rarely after...So I am still at the discovery stage of my purchase.

Dirtyp 04-05-2013 03:22 AM

I had Hotchkis sway bars installed on my lifted tahoe before I got my Ram...dont know if they make them for our trucks, but they were real nice.

hodgeee 04-05-2013 04:19 AM

Well, I have the Hellwig front and rear bars on my truck now, but I will admit, I was expecting more. I got a big improvement adding to the rear, since my truck didn't have one stock, but after swapping the front, the front end improvement only felt marginal compared to stock, where it was a night and day difference in the rear, but again, no stock sway in the rear.

I did notice that the front is 5/16" thicker, and the rear is 1/8" thicker. If this will reduce roll more, even a little bit more, I would swap them, cause I want maximum cornering, regardless that this is a truck or not! I am going to call them first thing tomorrow and call Hellwig first thing and see what the spring rate is on these bars.

The Hellwigs are solid, I do not know yet if the Aadco sways are hollow or solid.

autobred 04-06-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hodgeee (Post 1060045)
Well, I have the Hellwig front and rear bars on my truck now, but I will admit, I was expecting more. I got a big improvement adding to the rear, since my truck didn't have one stock, but after swapping the front, the front end improvement only felt marginal compared to stock, where it was a night and day difference in the rear, but again, no stock sway in the rear.

I did notice that the front is 5/16" thicker, and the rear is 1/8" thicker. If this will reduce roll more, even a little bit more, I would swap them, cause I want maximum cornering, regardless that this is a truck or not! I am going to call them first thing tomorrow and call Hellwig first thing and see what the spring rate is on these bars.

The Hellwigs are solid, I do not know yet if the Aadco sways are hollow or solid.

I'm thinking of going aftermarket on mine also. Where did you purchase the hellwigs from? What swayed you "no pun intended" to going with hellwig over addco, diameters? thanks

ONOutdoorsman 04-06-2013 04:26 PM

Don't overlook airbags for the rear coils. Greatly improved my cornering. I run 15 lbs in them. Bonus was it keeps the truck level with a load and they are under $100. I was looking at anti sway bars as well at first. 100% satisfied with my decision.