DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What PSI to run in airlift 1000s? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=138659)

maximus007 04-07-2013 12:46 PM

What PSI to run in airlift 1000s?

Just installed my airlift 1000s last night. Now just wondering what psi to set at? What is everyone running for psi when your not towing? Thanks in advance:smiley_thumbs_up:

pjs1660 04-07-2013 01:12 PM

according to instructions is says 5 psi minimum

GregInAtl 04-07-2013 11:39 PM

I have mine at 20 and still hit the stops. So far not super impressed honestly.

brandonjansen 04-08-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregInAtl (Post 1062673)

How much weight are you putting on the truck to make it do that?

ONOutdoorsman 04-08-2013 09:24 AM

I have mine at 14-15lbs all the time. Love them. Better cornering and the ride is just a tad bit stiffer.

Outdoorsman2012 04-08-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregInAtl (Post 1062673)

Granted mine were at 35psi but I had 4 guys in my truck and 1500lbs of wood and still had 3 inches until bump stops. Something doesn't seem right

blackedout12 04-09-2013 08:27 PM

Maximus007

I just received mine today. How long did it take you to install and how did u run the air supply?

Outdoorsman2012 04-10-2013 12:30 AM

Dedicate 2-3 hours. Its really easy but running lines can take a while. I think it took just under two hours for me. I ran the airline right out of the top of the coil and then into the from. The frame has holes periodically which work great. I drive a lot off road and did t want lines to snag or rub on anything. I installed the fill points on the metal between the tailgate and number that's recessed like two inches. There's two holes punched there so no cutting. I didn't want to cut holes in gas cap or plastic bumper in case I took them off. Then no one could know they were there. Installing fill point makes it much easier if you have stardard fill and gauge I have extended ones so this wasn't an issue. I wrote up a small install on here and included pictures for reference

Ramfd 04-11-2013 10:47 PM

greg what kit did you buy? I am running the Belltech kit and the airlift 1000 for a 2009 dodge durango. I run the bags at 8-10psi all the time and never hit the bump stops.

I had 2 yards of wet sand in it with the bags a 35psi and it sagged all the way to the bump stops, But i think i exceeded the capacity of the truck and the air bags.

blackedout12 04-13-2013 12:54 PM

I just finished installing the kit I got from DAP. Everything was there and came in on Tuesday and I ordered Sun. So if your looking at getting a kit see DAP.

The kit took about 2hrs to install. I ran my lines down the frame and my air port is on the receiver hitch on the right side fit was perfect with the pre-drilled holes from factory. I am running about 10psi right now but I'm not too stoked about the install. Now I have a big gap between wheels/fender that cleared up once the 2/4 was installed. I'm sure it may settle a little and will close the gap. If not I may remove due to the look I was going for. I really don't like the rear higher than the front. I like the slight bulldog stance where the front is a hair taller and squatting some in the rear. I will post a pic later of the fill port.