DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Trams question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=138713)

bstc00 04-07-2013 09:03 PM

Trams question

I have a SC and before I get it installed I wanted to see what trans I would Need to get to support the extra HP. I is my truck every day to tow anything from 3500lb to 7500 lb.

Thanks

hydrex 04-07-2013 09:19 PM

If you mean transfer case, our stock case is pretty bullet proof. I use my Ram to yard out logs, pull the hell out of it in 4X4. I eventually had to replace the chain because it stretched. If your talking transmission, I hear the guys at www.sharadon.com are the best. Most importantly, you get it properly tuned for the boost. I'd get a Diablo tuner and get it tuned so you don't get detonation.

Chris b 04-07-2013 10:47 PM

Is SC for superchip's or supercharger???

bstc00 04-08-2013 02:19 PM

Sorry about the first post. It has been fixed. SC - Supercharger.

snrusnak 04-08-2013 02:59 PM

what supercharger? If you are adding ~100hp or less the stock trans should be ok. Pending how you drive of course...

bstc00 04-08-2013 08:33 PM

I have the RIPP Supercharger. I know ripp said they put over 22k on there truck with oem trans, but I would like to be safe.

snrusnak 04-08-2013 09:30 PM

yeah I'm sure there are options out there but I've read a lot of horror stories with trans swaps. Some people spend nearly $10k on transmissions and it never runs right.

MeanMango2010 04-08-2013 09:39 PM

You will need to upgrade your transmission with the RIPP. Mine only lasted EXACTLY 9,000 miles before it was toast. That was with just the supercharger and Mufflex. I don't know about Sharadon but they seem to be comparable to what MGH from here on the forum is building for me right now. CHVYKLR has a trans built by him and loves it. I pick mine up tomorrow and install it Wednesday. He is providing a trans tune to put in through my Diablo which will compensate for the extra pressures and such required.

CHVYKLR 04-08-2013 11:28 PM

MGH's trans builds are pretty solid. no complaints here. two guys with some know-how can have it swapped in a few hours.

ericlee9386 04-09-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanMango2010 (Post 1063597)
You will need to upgrade your transmission with the RIPP. Mine only lasted EXACTLY 9,000 miles before it was toast. That was with just the supercharger and Mufflex. I don't know about Sharadon but they seem to be comparable to what MGH from here on the forum is building for me right now. CHVYKLR has a trans built by him and loves it. I pick mine up tomorrow and install it Wednesday. He is providing a trans tune to put in through my Diablo which will compensate for the extra pressures and such required.

What happen to make your trans go out? Where you hot rodding it a lot? And did you ever get a custom tune for your setup or just used the base tune? Sorry to ask so many questions your the only person with real experience with the ripped kit I can ask. I'm really wanting to get this setup in September just looking for good info thanks.